As WWE is currently touring across Europe, the company also took the time yesterday to scout some talents during a tryout yesterday at London’s O2. A few hours before WWE Raw, 22 male and female prospects from the region were tested by Performance Center coaches and talent scouts William Regal, Matt Bloom and Steve Corino.
– Jurn Simmons, current Unified World Wrestling Champion for German-based promotion Westside Xtreme Wrestling
– Belfast- born Adam “Flex” Maxted, who took part of Fight Nation British Championship tournament last year and wrestled Drew McIntyre at OTT event last March
– German cruiserweight Christian “T-K-O” Tscherpel, who trained with former WCW star Alex Wright and worked for the promotion he created in Germany, New European Championship Wrestling
– Welsh Cruiserweight Flash Morgan Webster, who competes regularly for PROGRESS and ICW. He competed last year in a WWE Cruiserweight Classic qualifying match last year in PROGRESS Wrestling.
– The Commonwealth Catch Kings, Travis Banks and Chris Brookes, current Rev Pro tag team champions. Banks also worked with OTT, What Culture Pro Wrestling and PROGRESS promotions. Brookes was also seen this year at Southside Wrestling Entertainement, Fight Club Pro and Attack ! events.
– New Zealand- born TK Cooper, a PROGRESS star who competed at this year’s WrestleMania Axxess as part of PROGRESS Wrestling’s featured bout.
Other prospects were UK gymnast Sadie Gibbs, Welsh talent “Big Grizzly” Steve Griffiths, Scottish 13-year mat veteran and ICW star Liam Thomson, and Bulgarian actor, stunt and MMA fighter Ivan Kostadinov.
Last November, the Glasgow tryout helped lay the foundation for the talents of the upcoming United Kingdom Championship Tournament. This London tryout is the second WWE is organizing this year after Dubai two weeks ago.