As WrestleMania weekend frenzy was coming to an end, a flood of rumours about injuries emerged. If some are true, some are definitely not. Here’s the current diagnosis.
Wrestlers currently injured
- On January 2019, Akam of Authors of Pain suffered an undisclosed leg injury that reportedly would keep him out for “at least a few months”.
- On July 6, 2018, it was reported that Fandango has suffered a left labrum tear in his shoulder and that he could be out of action for six months. As of March 2019, he is training for his return to active competition.
- In July 2018, Goldust underwent surgery on both knees.
- On August 15, 2018, Sin Cara underwent knee surgery. He is reportedly clear to return to in-ring action.
- In March 2019, NXT UK Rhea Ripley had some torn ligaments, she is expected to be out of action for up to eight weeks.
- NXT and NXT UK wise, Tommaso Ciampa, Tegan Nox, Tino Sabbatelli, Chelsea Green, Keith Lee, Stacy Ervin Jr, Dakota Kai, Noam Dar, Mark Andrews and Jinny are currently out of action.
- Jason Jordan has not been cleared yet. He has been suffering from a neck injury since early 2018. He’s currently working backstage as a producer.
What rumours are saying, and we learn ever since…
- AJ Styles could be out with a hip injury he sustained at WrestleMania 35. Styles confirmed later he has a sprained sacroiliac joint. He said, “hopefully it doesn’t take too long to heal. I’ll be back in action soon.”
- Ronda Rousey may have suffered a broken hand at WrestleMania 35. Becky Lynch and Bret Hart made the rumour legit with these posts on social media. No news on how long Rousey will be out of action.
Ronda broke her hand punching the face that she said broke too easy. pic.twitter.com/vZM2w39k9I
— The Man (@BeckyLynchWWE) April 8, 2019
What WWE Superstars confirmed
Big E announced on Twitter he has been suffering a torn meniscus and was not cleared yet to compete. It is speculated that he suffered the injury while taking the crossbody from Cesaro in Tuesday’s SmackDown Live main-event, which saw The New Day defeat The Bar and Drew McIntyre. He could be out for 4 to 12 weeks, depending on the fact he needs surgery or not.
Making mincemeat of my meniscus
Crossbody cooked the cartilage
Bye for a bit
— Florida Man (@WWEBigE) April 11, 2019
Nia Jax is currently suffering from ACL tears in both knees and would need to undergo surgery. She posted a tweet to confirm that she will be undergoing double knee surgery to repair the injuries. She noted that she has been working through pain for the last year. There’s still no word yet on how long Jax will be out of action, but it could be for up to 9 months.
— 🌺 (@NiaJaxWWE) April 12, 2019
All pics courtesy of WWE.com