Money In The Bank is now behind us, so you know Tony Nese is still Cruiserweight Champion, Kofi still WWE Champion, and Bayley is the new SmackDown Live Women’s Champion when she cashed in the coveted briefcase after Charlotte Flair defeated Becky Two Belts. Saying a lot of things have changed with the PPV would be pretty paradoxical… But the show must go on, my friends, and tonight is Nygma time. Let’s not waste any more time and see what went down as we check out SmackDown Live and 205 Live.
We kicked off with Elias apologizing to Shane McMahon for what happened with Roman Reigns at Money In the Bank, making excuses for the squash. Elias said Shane and his entire family deserve better. Elias added he’s now looking forward to Super ShowDown and will be in Shane’s corner for the match against Reigns. Shane replied he doesn’t need anyone in his corner because he doesn’t need help, but Shane will be in Elias’ corner for tonight’s match with Reigns because Elias does need help. Elias said he was going to wait for Reigns now.
Big SmackDown Live things happening this week:
- Big E is back. Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens wasted the comeback celebration.
- 24/7 Champion R-Truth was hiding behind a blond wig not to lose the title. Carmella offered him her help.
- Ali defeated Andrade w/ Zelina Vega
- Mandy Rose w/ Sonya DeVille vs. Carmella w/ “Blondie” R-Truth ended in a no-contest when a bunch of Superstars, including The B Team and Matt Hardy, came running down the ramp and into the ring, chasing Truth.
- Bayley said she moved past the hugs while Carmella and R-Truth were still running backstage.
- Kofi Kingston defeated Sami Zayn. After the match, Paul Heyman suddenly appeared on the ramp with Brock Lesnar’s Money In the Bank briefcase, taunting Kofi Kingston as he continued his celebration in the ring. Kofi told Heyman to have Lesnar bring it. Making his return, Dolph Ziggler suddenly attacked Kofi from behind and unloads. He put a chair around Kofi’s head and then sent him head-first into the side of the announce table. Referees came out to check on Kofi, ordering Ziggler to the back. Ziggler continued stomping and dropping knees on Kofi while he was down. Ziggler finally walked away, Kofi was loaded onto the stretcher but eventually walked to the back on his own, clutching the WWE Title as fans cheered.
- SmackDown Live Women’s Champion Bayley & RAW Women’s Champion Becky Lynch defeated Lacey Evans & Charlotte Flair.
- Carmella and R-Truth were still running when Dolph Ziggler was saying he’s going to beat Kofi for the title at WWE Super ShowDown in Saudi Arabia because he has to.
- Roman Reigns defeated Elias w/ Shane McMahon. After the match, Shane immediately entered the ring and beat Reigns down. Reigns came back and dropped Shane with a Superman Punch. Reigns suddenly turned around to a big Claymore Kick from Drew McIntyre. Fans booed as Drew got down in Reigns’ face. Shane stood tall over Reigns and raises Drew’s arm.
We kicked off 205 Live with a recap of the Cruiserweight Championship match from Money in the Bank.
Big 205 Live things happening this week:
- Jack Gallagher & Humberto Carrillo defeated The Singh Brothers. Samir and Sunil were supposed to face The Lucha House Party who was destroyed by Lars Sullivan at Money in The Bank.
- Akira Tozawa defeated Ariya Daivari, The Brian Kendrick, Mike Kanellis w/ Maria Kanellis, and Oney Lorcan to become the new #1 contender for the Cruiserweight Championship. Tozawa and Kendrick embraced afterwards, showing each other a sign of respect. Backstage Nese looked on in approval.
MAIN EVENT THINGS
Since his draft to SmackDown Live, Roman Reigns has the new punching bag of the roster. Dolph Ziggler is back, what to add… This 24/7 title’s chase for the win makes me feel like an old The Benny Hill show episode. Meanwhile, 205 Live was nothing else but action… Same day, but not the same song…
All pics courtesy of WWE.com