After Brian Cage’s very short match against Rob Van Dam at Hard To Kill, rumours have started to run he would whether be injured, be done with Impact Wrestling, or have signed with another company. While Cage was remaining silent, his wife Melissa Santos took to social media to deny all the rumours.

Brian Cage today commented on the situation on Instagram to confirm he was injured, he was not under contract anymore with Impact Wrestling but not with any other company as of today. He will undergo surgery next week to repair a torn biceps, an injury that could keep him sidelined up to 6 months.

At ‘Hard To Kill’ against Rob Van Dam

Here is Brian Cage’s complete message (courtesy of 411Wrestling):

Hey, what’s up guys, Brian Cage here. I know there’s been a lot of speculation on what’s going on with me, where I’m going. Rumours that I’ve signed here, that I’ve signed there. All kinds of stuff. I haven’t really answered much and I’ve been kind of keeping to myself about it. Yeah, My contract did come to an end with IMPACT Wrestling. They did make me an offer to stay, as did multiple other companies. While I was mulling all that over, unfortunately, I tore my bicep. I’m trying to stay positive about it, it was looking like I was going to need surgery. I thought maybe I could get past it, that it was required but not necessary. I didn’t want to say anything until I knew what was going on.

I am set to get surgery this Monday. I’m not technically with any group right now at all. I had, like I said, a bunch of amazing offers from all over the place and I’m hoping they’re still there when I heal up. As far as that goes, healing up, I’m not sure about the time frame. Some people say it takes up to six months to recover, but I’m a machine. So I’m destined to do it faster than that and I know a lot of top-tier athletes have done it pretty quick. That’s almost my goal now too, trying to be optimistic or look at it positive. I want to beat anybody’s record in returning to the ring from a bicep tear or bicep surgery.

You know, I’ve had a hell of a year, man. I won the world title, hurt my back. I got married, but then I was in the ER, I was out for a while. In a pretty good position to have some pretty good pull and power in negotiations with multiple companies to try and get a contract that I’m really stoked on and this happens. But you know, I’m a God-fearing individual, I’m a pretty spiritual person and things happen for a reason. What is the reason right now, I do not know, but hopefully when it comes up I’ll be like, “oh, okay. Maybe it was worth it then.” Maybe it will be worth it. I’m feeling pretty good right now, optimistically and mentally and everything.

The last couple of years I’ve had several injuries. I’ve been able to work through almost all of them until that back and hip one last year. I’ve never, that’s been one thing in all the times I’ve been hurt or injured through my career, I’ve never had surgery. I just said that recently too and probably jinxed myself because now we’re here. So I apologize to everyone, to shows upcoming that I won’t be able to be part of. Bar Wrestling vs. GCW was the first one to take the hit.

I asked for the War of Attrition match for Warrior Wrestling, I was so excited for that, it is one of my favourite places. And now I’m going to look for a replacement because there will be a new champion crowned because Brian Cage will not be able to defend his title. I still will be there through at the meet and greet and to be part of the show in a different way. And other shows and promoters I’ve contacted and let them know what’s going on with me. As time draws near, depending on how I’m feeling or what I’m capable or not capable of doing, I will follow suit and so on and so on. Hopefully, this is the last you see of me for some time, and hopefully, this will lead to something bigger and better and it’ll all make sense at the end of it all.

All pics and screencaps courtesy of Impact Wrestling