Welcome back to Mexico, the land of Lucha Libre, a place where the word impossible has been banned from the rings forever. Impact Wrestling are teaming up with Lucha Libre AAA to bring us some fresh and exciting matches, talents, but also feuds. Put more spice in an already pretty tasty sauce and the Impact Zone suddenly becomes the hottest place to wrestle.
On the menu this week, from Mexico City, Mexico, Jordynne Grace, Madison Rayne and Kiera Hogan will face off to become the new #1 contender for the Knockouts Championship. Josh Alexander will square off with El Hijo del Vikingo. Pagano and Murder Clown will team up against The Rascalz. And Michael Elgin and Eddie Edwards will face off in the first match of The Best of 5 Matches Series. So no more words, let’s get ready for some action, but your French Enygma Steph way, of course…
The Nygma’s Chart of the Week
- El Hijo Del Vikingo defeated Josh Alexander w/ Ethan Page. The North looked really upset with this.
- Knockouts Champion Taya Valkyrie told Gabby Loren, about tonight’s triple threat, Jordynne Grace has no business getting involved in this. She threatened Gabby and told her to “scoot outta’ here”, as the Champion will be watching the match very closely.
- Moose cut a promo, he said he doesn’t make excuses. The fact is, the only reason he lost last week was because of Rhino. He’s got nothing to prove, but he knows if Rhino hadn’t been there he would’ve won.
- The Rascalz (Dez & Wentz) defeated Murder Clown & Pagano.
- Michael Elgin said he thought he was getting through to Eddie, but he was wrong. He doesn’t need five matches to win this best-of-five series, as he can do it in three. Mike called the shot and when he beat Eddie? He’s going after the World Championship.
- Moose defeated Taurus. Rhino came out to the ring and hit Moose with a Gore.
- Eddie Edwards said Elgin talked a whole lot going into Hard To Kill, yet he was the one who walked out with the trophy. Now he wants to talk more? It doesn’t matter as it all remains the same, he’s got the trophy. He started his path to calling his shot at Championship gold.
- Joey Ryan told Gabby Loren he was a little surprised Rob Van Dam insulted him last week, as he always looked up to him. He didn’t buy it though, as there was no way he can be too ‘extreme’ for RVD. Joey guessed he’s a little threatened because Katie Forbes wants to ‘touch it’.
- Jordynne Grace defeated Kiera Hogan and Madison Rayne to become the new #1 contender for the Impact Knockouts Championship. Taya Valkyrie and John E. Bravo were on commentary.
- Ace Austin said Trey is officially at the back of the line, and he wants a world title shot following last week’s match.
- Johnny Swinger was still trying to become Willie Mack’s tag team partner, but Willie Mack called him a creepy old dude and said he only has one partner, Rich Swann.
- TJ Perkins was still trying to help Fallah Bahh lose weight. Bahh hoped Perkins won’t be going the same as Alexander next week when he faced Vikingo, but TJP said he’s ready, and they followed up with their unique handshake.
- Daga & Dr. Wagner Jr w/ Galenos del Mal defeated Reno Scum. oVe quickly entered the ring and took out Daga and Dr. Wagner Jr, while making Galenos del Mal, Wagner’s son, watch the beat down.
- Susie was backstage looking around and Rosemary found her. She asked Susie what she was looking for? Rosemary asked if she’d be interested in becoming a warrior under her tutelage, which Susie gladly accepted. She’d like to have an exhibition next week.
- Michael Elgin defeated Eddie Edwards, via referee stoppage, in the first match of the Best of Five Series.
The Nygma’s Nutcracker(s) of the Week
– Josh Alexander vs El Hijo Del Vikingo
Josh shoved him down, followed with a spinebuster and Vikingo quickly fired back with a spin kick. The missile dropkick connected, he missed a suicide dive, rolled through and Josh levelled him with a lariat. Back in, Josh followed with strikes and uppercuts, then grounded him. Vikingo fought back with a ropewalk arm drag into an armbar but Josh powerbombed his way out. The delayed suplex followed. He laid the boots to Vikingo, choked him out and they traded slaps.
Vikingo hit an enzuigiri and a springboard dropkick. Josh followed with a tope and Vikingo followed with a double jump moonsault from the crowd to wipe out Josh. Vikingo wiped out Page, back in and Vikingo up top, Josh cut him off until Vikingo delivered kicks, a dropkick and strikes. The double knees in the corner connected and Vikingo headed up top and the 450 followed. Josh countered a RANA into a powerbomb. He followed with clubbing strikes, took him up top and Vikingo countered into an avalanche RANA. The cradle followed. They traded near falls, RANA by Vikingo for the win.
– Michael Elgin vs Eddie Edwards – Best of 5 Matches – Match 1
They grappled to the mat and ended in a standoff. Lockup and they traded shoulder tackle and strikes. Edwards took out his knee and followed with the STF until Elgin made the ropes. Elgin attacked the arm, but Edwards rebounded and followed with a suicide dive. They worked into counters on the floor until Edwards slammed him to the barricades. Post break, Edwards was fighting off a powerbomb, ate strikes and clotheslines but Edwards then fired back into a Blue Thunder Bomb. They traded strikes, Dragon Screw by Edwards who followed with an enzuigiri and a backpack stunner. The half crab followed, transitioned into an STF and they worked to the feet.
Elgin escaped, countered the Tiger Driver and dropped Edwards on his head. Elgin followed with clotheslines, a German suplex, rolled into another and then a third. The sliding elbow connected. Edwards fought off the powerbomb, they traded and Edwards laid in chops. They traded clotheslines, superkick by Elgin and Edwards countered into a lariat and hit the Tiger Driver. Edwards took Elgin up top, followed with chops and Elgin countered into an avalanche Death Valley Driver. The crossface followed and then delivered elbow strikes. He went back to the crossface and Edwards was out.
The not-Nygma’s Moment(s) of the Week
Nothing special to say… Only Ace Austin could be that naughty to imagine World Championship could be XXX…
The Lollipop and Baby-Oil Nygmalicious Moment of The Week
There is a lot of truth in what Joey Ryan said, mostly the fact he could be extreme or risqué. Then about Katie Forbes wanting to touch It, that’s another problem and it will surely end up in a ring.
The Nygma’s Awards of the Week
Thank you Impact Wrestling for letting me find out that even in French, we don’t say clownophobia (clownophobie). I specifically have a problem with clowns, the red-nosed ones with flowers spraying waters and the ice-creamed pies. Quite strangely, when it comes to Murder Clown or Pagano, that works perfectly.
– Susie and Rosemary
Will Rosemary be able to resurrect Su out of Susie? She gave her her attire, her boots. Now, will she find her way back to The Undead Realm? Last week, I was asking myself where this feud was going but, in fact, there’s really something deep in this storyline. About who you really want to be, what you want to embrace, and mostly about who is making the choice.
– AAA Luchadores
For the second week in a row, I confirm one of the best things in Impact coming to Mexico is the pleasure to watch AAA talents wrestle. In front of different characters or wrestling styles, the Impact talents are able to show some new sides of themselves and face a new danger. And the taste of novelty is sometimes very inspiring…
To be eNYGMAtic…
I liked this episode, really. When action is here, and good, you can only enjoy. Promos were doing their job, building up new matches. I really have nothing bad to say about this show.
After a legendary PPV match at Hard To Kill, I was asking myself what Elgin and Edwards would be able to put on the table in a Best Of 5 matches series. This first match made me want to see the next 4. Jordynne Grace is the new #1 contender for the Knockouts Championship, something legit and logic (no, you won’t make me say what you read somewhere else…). Rosemary is trying to make Su get out of Susie. And oVe has started a war against AAA wrestlers. Isn’t it positive and full of promises?
On this “Nygma Hates Clowns, but Only Those With Red Noses” note, until next week, never EVER forget to stay #eNYGMAtic…
All pics, videos, and screenshots courtesy of Impact Wrestling and AXS TV. Photocollage custom made by @frenchnygma exclusively for @steelchairmag @vulturehoundmag.