Our weekly AEW Dynamite reviewer, Patrick, will be back next week. As I’m not the specialist of the show he is, I will just take the time to tell you the big things that happened this Wednesday night in Austin, Texas, where Dynamite was airing live. Ready?
- Kenny Omega & Hangman Page (c) defeated SCU to retain the AEW World Tag Team Championship.
Before the match, Dark Order appeared on the big screen and said they await the exalted one, but let the teams know the Dark Order is closer than they may think and will see them soon. Christopher Daniels was at ringside and told them he was going go to the back to check it out.
After the match, Page grabbed a beer and headed out through the crowd. Back in the ring, Sky and Kazarian looked disappointed with the results. From the back came The Dark Order (Evil Uno, Alex Reynolds, John Silver, and Grayson). Best Friends ran out to the ring to even the odds. Now came The Butcher and The Blader, TH2, and Young Bucks. Everyone started brawling as a preview of next week’s tag team Battle Royal. The winner will face Omega and Page for the titles at AEW Revolution on February 29. Teams got sent out of the ring with the Young Bucks standing tall at the end of the segment.
- Jim Ross spoke with Santana before tonight’s show. He asked Santana what he meant when he said he’d show Jon Moxley what it’s like to live in darkness. Santana said about ten years ago he was living in a terrible apartment, broke, no job, no direction and was at his lowest point. Santana said he called his dad and explained to him the same thing. He talked about his father (who passed last month) and mentioned that his dad couldn’t see (started losing his sight at 14 and was basically blind at 25). Santana said that’s what he has to live with and he wants to show Moxley the same kind of darkness.
- Darby Allin was holding up pieces of cardboard in front of the video camera, saying it was a mistake to slash his throat with his own skateboard, and he will find the Inner Circle. In the meantime, he challenges Sammy Guevara to a match at AEW Revolution. Afterwards, Jim Ross said Allin has no official return date due to his throat injury.
- Dustin Rhodes defeated Sammy Guevara w/ Jack Hager. After the match, Rhodes told Hager (or “Jericho’s b—-“) to turn around as he headed up the ramp. Rhodes asked Hager if he’s ever going to get into the ring or just pick up a paycheck. Rhodes said he wants a match at AEW Revolution. Hager headed to the ring, then turned around and headed back.
- Tony Schiavone was on the stage and out came Britt Baker, who gave him a hug. He asked her how she can justify what she did last week. She called it a stupid question and said as a dentist she was doing her duty for the public because that tooth was in decay and it was coming out anyways. Baker continued that she did Yuka a favour, and she did it for free! Baker then ripped on Tony, mentioning the barista thing again. Tony asked Britt about Riho vs. Nyla Rose. She said it’ll be an awesome match, but both competitors are still number two compared to her. She told the fans to shut their “chubby Whataburger faces” and got some big boos (and “Whataburger” chants) from the crowd as she continued talking before heading to the back.
- Nyla Rose defeated Riho to become the new AEW Women’s World Champion.
- Backstage, Lexy was talking with Chris Jericho. Jericho said Moxley proved that he’s trash after stealing his Ford GT car and then jabbing Santana in the eye with the key. Jericho said if Moxley can survive Santana, next Moxley will face Jeff Cobb.
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) February 13, 2020
- Brandi Rhodes joined commentary and talked about Cody having to face Wardlow on next week’s Dynamite in a Steel Cage Match.
- MJF defeated Jungle Boy. Post-match, Wardlow beat up Jungle Boy some more with a twisting F-5. Luchasaurus and Marko Stunt ran out to the ring, MJF and Wardlow headed up the ramp.
- PAC cut a promo on Kenny Omega, says all of Omega’s problems are because of him. We saw clips of PAC working out. The two will meet in two weeks in a 30-Minute Ironman Match and PAC said we’ll see just how good Omega is.
- Jon Moxley defeated Santana. Post-match, The Inner Circle all got in the ring and beat up Moxley. Jericho whipped him with the title and hit him with Judas Effect, knocking Moxley out. Jericho then called to the back and out came Jeff Cobb Commentary called him Jericho’s bounty hunter and mercenary. He gave Tour of the Island to Moxley in the middle of the ring and stood over a fallen Moxley.
A good episode that helped build up AEW Revolution.
All pics and videos courtesy of AEW
Latest posts by Steph Franchomme (see all)
- The Daily Wrestling News Update: Samoa Joe Suspended, “Hangman” Adam Page Hero Of A Children Book (25/02/2020) - 26th February 2020
- The Daily Wrestling News Update: MLW, GCW, TNA/Impact Wrestling, AEW (24/02/2020) - 25th February 2020
- AEW EVP’s Matt And Nick Jackson Share Their Inspirational Story in New Memoir - 24th February 2020