Before making the list of what was cancelled or postponed this weekend around the world, the United States Government announced the UK and Ireland have been added to the US travel ban list. It begins at 5 AM GMT on Monday.
Also, the following was announced a few hours earlier.
BREAKING: The CDC just announced that they recommend postponing or canceling any event that will have more than 50 people for the next eight weeks to stop spread of COVID-19. DETAILS: https://t.co/LtQcT5bQ73
— FOX 13 Tampa Bay (@FOX13News) March 15, 2020
We can obviously imagine anything related to WrestleMania and WrestleMania week, from WrestleCon to all indie shows, will be cancelled, rescheduled, or postponed. We, of course, wait for WWE and other promotions’ announcements to confirm the news to you and tell what is the back-up plan, if there’s one.
- Due to the ongoing pandemic, Major League Wrestling has decided to temporarily suspend promoting live events for at least 45 days, effective immediately. At the appropriate time, the league will communicate plans for promoting live events outside of the 45-day temporary hiatus and update the status of league events. MLW programming will continue to air Saturday nights on beIN SPORTS on cable and satellite, MLW’s YouTube channel and with partners around the world during this period. As a result of the temporary suspension of promoting live events, MLW’s April 18 event in Chicago has been rescheduled for Friday night June 12 at Cicero Stadium. All tickets purchased for the originally scheduled date will be honoured at this time.
US and Canada indie shows
- CZW’s WSU: 13th anniversary on March 15 and Unapproved on March 21 will be presented live on Fite TV with no fans in attendance.
- Absolute Intense Wrestling’s Wrestling Eruption on March 28 is cancelled.
- Freelance Wrestling Academy will host weekly shows in Pro Wrestling Tees’ warehouse in Chicago, fans could donate through Paypal to support independent wrestlers.
- AAW’s EPIC on March 20 is cancelled.
- SHIMMER events on March 28 and 29 are postponed.
- Ohio Valley Wrestling temporarily suspended its weekly live TV events until April 7.
- House of Hardcore 58 on April 11 event is cancelled.
- Border City Wrestling also announced due to St. Clair College cancelling all on-campus activities until early April, no events can take place during that time period. Impact Wrestling’s Lockdown event on March 28 is postponed.
- Hulk Hogan event, Hogan’s Beach, on April 6 in Tampa has been postponed.
UK and Irish indie shows
- For The Love of Wrestling fans convention on April 18 and 19 is postponed.
- Knockout Wrestling’s Implosion on March 15 is cancelled.
- SOUL Wrestling show on March 27 is still scheduled.
- Wrestle Talk and Will Opsreay showcase No Fans Monday LIVE on March 16 at 7 PM GMT on their YouTube channel.
- AAA Rey de Reyes was scheduled to happen on March 21 in Merida. The event has now been postponed.
- CMLL announced all shows are now on hold.
- MCW Fallout at the Thornbury Theatre on March 21 is cancelled.
Very special thanks to Craig Hermit for his unconditional help. All pics courtesy of their owners.
Latest posts by Steph Franchomme (see all)
- The Lions And The Sheeps – AEW Dynamite – 25/03/2020 Review - 27th March 2020
- NXT UK TakeOver: Dublin Rescheduled - 26th March 2020
- Undead Rebellion – From The Impact Zone – March 24th, 2020 Review - 26th March 2020