Our weekly AEW Dynamite reviewer, Patrick, will be back very soon, I promise. This week, a no-crowd episode of Dynamite, expect this to be the norm for the next few weeks. No Blood and Guts match, as announced by the company. Brandi was the ring announcer, Tony Schiavone was joined by Cody and Kenny Omega on commentary.
As I’m still not the specialist of the show he is, I will just take the time to tell you the big things that happened this Wednesday night once again in Jacksonville, Florida, where Dynamite was airing live, with no attendance. Ready?
- Cody defeated Jimmy Havoc. We could see the wrestlers in trailers betting, cheering or booing. Nothing really hardcore there. After the match, Jake Roberts appeared on screen, he had a message for Cody. Roberts said Archer is chomping at the bit to get in the ring with someone. Cody helped get the company going and Roberts, who said he’s the best mind in wrestling, said he doesn’t get a call. Archer did what he did in Japan and AEW was afraid to initially bring him in because they saw what he did there. Roberts continued that all he’s asking is for Archer to get one match with Cody (he mentioned bringing Arn Anderson and Brandi Rhodes) and said it’s up to Cody, “trust me.” When at commentary, Cody said Roberts message comes across “bitter and jaded” and next week Lance Archer can debut in the ring.
- Darby Allin said he doesn’t see anything “super bad” about him, they are just words. Allin said he’s come across super bad people and learned the hard way. While saying this, Allin wore masks from all the members of Inner Circle. He then put gas on the masks and lit a table on fire with them on it. Allin said Sabian will pay for the sins for the Inner Circle.
- Darby Allin defeated Kip Sabian w/ Penelope Ford.
- We saw clips of Jack Hager’s work in both AEW and Bellator.
- Jack Hager defeated Chico Adams by referee stoppage. Squash match. Post-match, AEW World Champion Jon Moxley came out and brawled with Hager, Moxley hit the Paradigm Shift, Hager then tried for an ankle lock almost right after, but Moxley got out of it and sent Hager out to the floor. Hager tried to get back in the ring and Moxley swang the title at him. Hager then retreated. Moxley said, “You’re walking away???” Backstage, cameras caught up with Moxley. He told Hager to watch his blind spot. He added he’s out for blood and Hager may have walked out tonight, but when the title is up for grabs, Hager won’t walk away, he’s getting carted out.
- We saw The Exalted One Brodie Lee eating and talking with Alex Reynolds and John Silver. He said he doesn’t think Silver and Reynolds get it, it’s strength in numbers and they will prey on the weak. Silver went to eat and Lee stopped him, “Does it look like I’m done?” He kicked Silver out and told Reynolds, “You don’t eat until I’m done.” Reynolds then sneezed, which just makes Lee mad, kicking him out of the room.
- Brodie Lee defeated QT Marshall. Another squash match.
What would you give to have dinner with The Exalted One @ThisBrodieLee..?
— All Elite Wrestling on TNT (@AEWonTNT) March 26, 2020
- Vanguard 1 travelled to California to check in on Nick Jackson who is currently out of action due to the Inner Circle ambushing him. Nick was working out in his garage as Vanguard 1 scanned him, Nick was apparently 61% healed. Nick finally noticed Hardy’s drone and walked over to it, but the drone flew away.
VANGUARD 1 v 2.0
LOCATION: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
SUBJECT: Nicholas Jackson
RECOVERY: 61% pic.twitter.com/sLq72fouw2
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) March 26, 2020
- Kenny Omega defeated Sammy Guevara to retain the AAA Mega Championship. A 20+ minute match, very good, with no interference.
- Chris Jericho headed out to the ring for his confrontation for Matt Hardy. Jericho took the camera from the cameraman and watched him sing Jericho’s song. Le Champion recapped Matt Hardy joining The Elite, called them “arrogant sons of b—-es.” Jericho said he’ll give Matt a chance to make the right decision, join the Inner Circle. Vanguard 1 flew in and looked over Jericho. Jericho said he doesn’t like Vanguard 1, called it a “piece of s—” and asked Vanguard 1 to join the Inner Circle. He touted all the benefits of joining the group to the drone. The drone flew away from Jericho. Matt’s music hit, he was up in the rafters. The camera blipped, he was in the middle row, then the lower part. Matt then appeared just outside of ringside. Jericho paused, asking how Matt just did that.
- Matt said, “I am magic.” Jericho said this show and promotion was built on his back, Matt should align himself with Jericho, not The Elite. Matt said he owed the Young Bucks because they resurrected “Broken” Matt Hardy. Matt said he’s witnessed what the Inner Circle has been doing in AEW, to him, AEW is freedom and the Inner Circle cannot ruin this paradise. Jericho stated he resurrects careers, like Jake Hager, and he’s the one who brought Moxley to AEW. Matt said Jericho may know his vessel, but he is Damascus and is 3,000 years old. Jericho understood reinvention, he’s done that over and over. Jericho brought up Matt always living in the shadow, the shadow of his brother, the shadow of bad booking. Matt said he is not any longer, he’s brighter than ever. Jericho asked one last time if Matt is with The Elite or Inner Circle Matt yelled, “Delete!”
— All Elite Wrestling on TNT (@AEWonTNT) March 26, 2020
- Jericho said that’s not what he asked and wanted an answer. Matt yelled, “Delete” some more. Jericho told him to stop because nobody was here to hear his stupid chant. Matt then said there actually is, there are essences all over. Matt brought up people singing Jericho’s song, Matt had a song for Jericho and sang Jeff Hardy’s “Obsolete” song. Jericho took his glasses off, said he doesn’t see anything but a broken-down old Matt Hardy. He slapped Matt and Matt punched Jericho, knocking him down to the mat. Jericho said he can do some magic himself. Guevara showed up, attacking Matt from behind. Both Omega and Cody ran out from commentary with chairs and cleared out Jericho and Guevara. The Inner Circle members backed away to the stage. They looked to make a run back to the ring, but some fire went off as Matt was able to control the fire going off to keep the two away.
All pics, screencaps and videos courtesy of AEW