Which barriers to break? Bring the past to make it the present and mix it to the future. Make three glorious letters sound real again. Let the show go on whatever happens. On the menu this week, Josh Alexander will compete against Eddie Edwards. We’ll hear about Moose, Sami Callihan and Rich Swann. So no more words, let’s get ready for some action, but your French Enygma Steph way, of course…
The Nygma’s Chart of the Week
Josh Mathews and Madison Rayne were on commentary this week.
- Josh Alexander w/ Ethan Page defeated Eddie Edwards. Post-match, The North attacked Edwards. Tessa Blanchard ran out and helped Edwards take them out.
- Backstage, Ethan Page just couldn’t understand why Blanchard wanted to stick her nose in The North’s business. Page challenged Blanchard to a match tonight.
- Kylie Rae defeated Cassandra Golden.
- Backstage, Jimmy Jacobs asked Rae how it feels to be back on Impact. Rae said that it’s great to be back. She knew that Impact was her home. She announced that she just signed a long-term contract with Impact.
- Moose came to the ring and said again that he is the best wrestler to have ever wrestled in this company, including those before him in TNA. Kid Kash made his way down to the ring and confronted him. He started off by saying he finds Moose to be an amazing athlete, however, he didn’t believe he would have ever measured up in TNA. Moose challenged Kash to a match.
- Moose defeated Kid Kash.
- Acey Romero and Larry D told Jimmy Jacobs they are forming a new tag team called XXXL. Fallah Bahh and TJP joined in on the interview. TJP welcomed them and gave them Bahh’s food and told them to get behind them in line for a tag title shot.
- Jimmy Jacobs interviewed Rich Swann to get a medical update on how he’s doing. Swann said that he wishes he was there, but recovery is going rough, it’s hard. He’s not all there. On Willie getting an X-Division title shot, he thought he can win but needed to watch his back, Ace Austin interrupted and took over the interview. Ace said Mack can’t beat him because he always held him and Swann down, and added if Mack was his friend, he’d be with Swann helping him recover, and not moving on. Swann told him to shut up and said Mack can’t bring a one-legged man to an ass-kicking contest, so he has his sights set on Austin. Austin sent Reno Scum to visit Swann and we heard them attack. Mack was held back from killing Austin backstage.
- Sami Callihan arrived and had new theme music. “I see you Atlanta, I see everything. I’m not going to freak out, I got my mind straight and did soul searching, Why did I attack Shamrock with a fireball? The issues are with the wrestling business. In other companies, when a legend comes in they just push all the other hard-working talent down to the bottom but that shit doesn’t happen in IMPACT Wrestling. You have to earn your spot and Shamrock will have to go through him to do that.” He put over Shamrock and that offended him because people thing Ken is the world’s most dangerous man. He’s the real world’s most dangerous man. Tommy Dreamer arrived and said that Sami tried to end a man’s career by blinding him. Sami mocked Tommy for being offended and said if Tommy wanted the rub, he could have asked because he always tries to steal someone’s thunder to be relevant again. Tommy said in his day, veterans helped the youngsters, like Dusty, Funk, & Foley. Sami held up this company but he will fight for the locker room. Sami attacked, Tommy fired back and wanted a fight.
- Sami Callihan defeated Tommy Dreamer in an old school rules match. Post-Match, Rhino ran down to the ring to help Dreamer. oVe followed right behind Rhino and they all took out Dreamer and Rhino. The lights turned off and Callihan disappeared, leaving his oVe brothers still standing in the ring. They were confused.
- Rosemary was in a bar, drinking and talked about living in our world. Love made her weak. She found one soul left to take in the bar.
- After a Su Yung/Susie video package, Susie appeared and scared off random backstage guys. The Deaners were freaked out and Suzie says she likes being Susie but realized she’s Su.
- Cody Deaner w/ Cousin Jake defeated Joseph Ryan.
- Eddie thanked Tessa for her help earlier tonight and offered his help during her match tonight. Tessa refused and said she has it.
- Elgin cut a promo on Edwards and how he’s owned him. He’s bigger, badder and stronger than ever. Tessa is great and has bigger balls than most, but at Rebellion he will win the championship.
- Tessa Blanchard defeated Ethan Page w/ Josh Alexander. Post-match, Michael Elgin stepped into the ring, they all brawled. Edwards and Blanchard sent him out of the ring.
The Nygma’s Nutcracker(s) of the Week
– Eddie Edwards vs Josh Alexander
They locked up and worked to the ropes. Edwards followed with chops, Josh fired back and took control with strikes. Edwards picked up the pace, followed with an overhead belly-to-belly suplex, and delivered more chops. Josh fired back, but Edwards dumped him and they brawled on the floor. Page distracted Edwards and that allowed Josh to fire back and took control, grounding things.
Josh started to pick up near falls, choked out Edwards and then laid into him with chops. Edwards fired up, they traded, but Edwards then started hitting clotheslines and chops. The suicide dive followed, and back in, the Blue Thunder Bomb connected. Josh countered the Tiger Driver and followed with three seconds around the world. They traded, lighting each other up with chops as Edwards took control. The lariat and the Tiger Driver followed. Page distracted Edwards, and Josh cradled him for the win.
– Ethan Page vs Tessa Blanchard
Page mocked Tessa to begin, so Tessa attacked and ran wild early on. She headed up top, and Page cut her off with a backbreaker. Page took the heat, grounding Tessa and choking her out. Page easily overpowered her, whipped her to the buckles but Tessa fired back until Page followed with a superkick and a shoulder tackle. The delayed suplex followed. Every time Tessa fired up, Page was there to cut her off. Another backbreaker followed, Tessa fired back and Page strangled her eyes to stop that.
He followed with elbow strikes, and then missed the charge allowing Tessa to fire back and hit a RANA. The suicide dive followed and then another. She hit a third and Josh distracted Tessa, allowing Page to attack until Tessa cut him off with a DDT. Page countered the Magnum, hit the pump kick. They worked up top and Tessa knocked Page to the mat, Josh grabbed her, and Eddie made the save. The Magnum finished Page.
The not-Nygma’s Moment(s) of the Week
Can we just focus on the positive? But too much backstage interviews, even if I adore Jimmy Jacobs…
The Lollipop and Baby-Oil Nygmalicious Moment of The Week
I said, cancelled!
The Nygma’s Noticeable Facts of the Week
– Kylie Rae
She competed at Bound For Glory in the Gauntlet match and she literally stole the heart of the fans. Six months after, Kylie Rae finally signed with the company. Another interesting addition to the roster, after Chris Bey recently. Impact Wrestling have always been the place for young talents to improve and shine. That’s why she will able to do, as well on indie promotions where she is a superstar. Welcome home, Kylie!
– Old-school wrestling
A picture worths a thousand words on this…
To be eNYGMAtic…
This episode was meant to promote 3 events that are now postponed or cancelled, TNA There’s No Place Like Home on April 4, Against All Odds on April 17 and of course Rebellion on April 19. And they were doing their job. The North were excellent in singles competition. Sami Callihan is back but still instils some doubt on oVe’s future. Kylie Rae made a brilliant debut. I missed Rich Swann’s joie de vivre.
Scott D’Amore talked to Sports Illustrated this week and confirmed what I’m used to telling the last few weeks. “We’ve got a hell of a group that is hardworking, love what they do, and will give you everything they’ve got. There are three more weeks of new content, and we’re examining all aspects of possible ways to continue doing what we love to do. We’ll keep monitoring it, and we’ll do what’s best and safest for everyone involved.”
We will wait for new episodes as long as necessary if the wrestlers are safe and can stay at home. Because we all have to stay at home to fight this ugly virus. On this “Nygma Is Locked Home And It’s Not Over Yet” note, until next week, never EVER forget to stay #eNYGMAtic…
All pics, videos, and screenshots courtesy of Impact Wrestling and AXS TV. Photocollage custom made by @frenchnygma exclusively for @steelchairmag.