It’s WrestleMania fallout show and the question was, is it going to happen? Were WWE clever enough to stop taping shows, even from the Performance Center? The question is no. Of course, wrestling is a good reason to put a smile on faces, like Triple H said, but WWE’s message on “Your safety and health is paramount” is a total contradiction with what we are currently living and what WWE are making their wrestlers live. The cherry on the cake, if Money In The Bank is officially not going to take place in the Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore on May 10, it will happen but in the PC! That is not putting a smile on my face… Welcome to the most must-see SteelChair review in history; welcome to… the SmackDown Review.
- The newly crowned WWE Universal Champion Braun Strowman came to the ring and said he did more than answering the door when opportunity knocked, he knocked it off the damn hinges. He took Spear after Spear from Goldberg and refused to stay down. Strowman called it the greatest moment of his career. Out came Shinsuke Nakamura who laughed at Strowman. Strowman said this isn’t funny and asked Nakamura what he wants. He brought up how Strowman just said you better answer when opportunity knocks on the door. Nakamura said he came knocking on Strowman’s door. Nakamura went on and Strowman said no one tuned into SmackDown to hear Nakamura, so let Braun have his night or he will “knock, knock” the crap out of Nakamura. Nakamura went on and repeated an old Japanese proverb. Strowman announced that, later tonight, Nakamura is going to get these hands. Cesaro tried a sneak attack but Strowman knocked him out of the ring. Nakamura nails a kick from behind, which brought Strowman down to one knee. Nakamura joined Cesaro on the ramp as they re-group as Strowman was furious in the ring.
- In a rematch of WrestleMania 36, Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross defeated Asuka and Kairi Sane to retain the WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles.
- Elias was on the perch in the WWE Performance Center. He thanked fans and talked about taking care of King Baron Corbin at WrestleMania 36. He asked fans to turn down the lights at home and joined him for his next song, don’t worry about what the neighbours say. He started performing the new song. Elias mentioned wanting to win the Money In the Bank briefcase. Thank you and goodnight, he said.
- After a video package on Mandy Rose and Otis, his WrestleMania 36 win over Dolph Ziggler, and what has happened between Rose and Sonya Deville, out came Dolph Ziggler with Sonya Deville. They weren’t happy. They stopped to yell at the announcers about the video package. They just wanted what is best for Mandy Rose. Tucker was out next for the next match. Tucker said he’s sorry to interrupt Ziggler and Deville’s meltdown, but clearly, Ziggler was still smitten with his friend’s kitten. Tucker showed us new photos on the big screen of Rose and Otis working out. Tucker said after what Ziggler did to him last week, they have unfinished business and will take care of it right now. Tucker headed to the ring as Ziggler and Deville wait.
- Dolph Ziggler defeated Tucker.
- The Dirt Sheet with the still SmackDown Tag Team Champions John Morrison’s abs and The Miz. They bragged on the successful title defence at WrestleMania 36. Miz said he’s the first person to successfully defend the titles from his couch. They talk about their “Hey Hey” rap song going Gold today and trending worldwide (available on iTunes). They were going to perform the song right now but The Usos stopped them and then The New Day. Big E said the match didn’t go on as planned so it only made sense to him that the other members of the three teams get to compete for the titles, the ones who didn’t get a chance at WrestleMania. Miz said he’s not medically cleared. Kofi interrupted and revealed that it will be Jey vs. Big E vs. Miz for the titles next Friday night on SmackDown. Hey hey, ho ho…
- The Forgotten Sons, Wesley Blake, Steve Cutler, and Jaxson Ryker, are now on SmackDown after dominating on WWE NXT. They (Blake and Cutler) defeated the Lucha House Party (Kalisto and Gran Metalik) in their first main roster match.
- Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross were backstage celebrating when Carmella and Dana Brooke appeared. Carmella said they didn’t get to compete at WrestleMania 36, so they’re hoping to make up for it by challenging Bliss and Cross for the titles. Bliss felt bad they didn’t get a WrestleMania moment, but there was a line to challenge them. Dana asked if they’re really unbeatable like she heard them say. Cross and Bliss accepted the challenge.
- Bayley and Sasha Banks in the ring. She recalled Paige trying to ruin her WrestleMania and their friendship a few weeks ago. But she didn’t, they both said. Bayley added if anyone thinks they can touch her, they can’t because she’s beaten every woman of the roster. In her humble opinion, she thought her greatest moment yet was when she defied all odds at WrestleMania because she is the best. We’re the best, she corrected. She said they’re the ultimate role models. For the sheep at home who thought she’d lose her title and they’d break up as friends, they had two words, screw you. Out came Tamina Snuka. Cole mentioned how it took the other 4 competitors to eliminate Snuka at WrestleMania in the Fatal 5 Way. Snuka told Bayley to shut up and said no one ever beat her at WrestleMania, it took them all to eliminate her. Snuka told Bayley to be a good role model and face her for the title tonight. Banks also ran her mouth to Snuka. Bayley acted like she’s holding Banks back. As there’s a pecking order around here and you don’t just step to the champ, Bayley said she does like to be fair and Snuka can have the title match if she can beat Sasha. Snuka accepted the challenge. Banks looked a little conflicted. Snuka told Banks her bestie just screwed her.
- Sheamus defeated NXT Superstar Cal Bloom. After the match, Sheamus stopped to stare down Graves and Cole as they talked about Jeff Hardy. Cole and Graves sent us to part 1 of a new in-depth series on Hardy that will air over the next few weeks. This part is “Chapter 1: The Rise” and it looked back at the beginning of Hardy’s career and tapes from when he was a teenager. We also see other parts from The Hardy Boyz’ runs in WWE.
- Two Money In The Bank qualifiers were announced for next week, Dana Brooke vs. Naomi and Cesaro vs. Daniel Bryan. Also, Mandy Rose will try to clear the air with Mandy Rose. The previously mentioned Sasha Banks vs. Tamina Snuka and Triple Threat will also take place. Also, the celebration for 25 years of Triple H will begin on Friday Night SmackDown in two weeks, on April 24. Triple H debuted with WWE on April 30, 1995 (I witnessed that).
- Braun Strowman defeated Shinsuke Nakamura w/ Cesaro in a non-title match. Cesaro, of course, interfered. After the match, The Firefly Fun House intro interrupted as Bray Wyatt appeared on the screen. He showed us flashes of The Fiend finishing John Cena off in the Firefly Fun House Match at WrestleMania 36. Wyatt said Cena was right all along – we really couldn’t see him. Strowman watched in the ring as Wyatt congratulated him and said he’s so happy for Braun. We heard whispers coming from Wyatt’s head lantern. Wyatt said no, that was a long time ago and he was sure Strowman has learned his lesson by now. We saw flashes of Strowman in The Wyatt Family. Wyatt said he brought Braun in from the swamp and gave him hope but he turned his back on Wyatt, turned his back on his family, and his creator. Wyatt said he can forgive Strowman but his puppets disagreed. Except for Ramblin’ Rabbit.
Wyatt said he will forgive Braun if Braun just said he’s sorry. Braun said he’s not playing these games with Bray. Wyatt taunted Strowman and said his next lesson will be about sharing because Braun had something he wants back. It was right there on his shoulder. As one circle closes, another begins again, Wyatt says. “Since I brought you into this world, I’m going to have to take you out,” Wyatt says. Wyatt laughed and waved goodbye as the Fun House music started back up. Strowman had something to say. Anytime Bray wants, Strowman is ready to… let you in. Wyatt stared back at him and he’s all serious now. Strowman mocked Wyatt and said goodbye, see you later! Strowman’s music started up and Wyatt stared back at him from the Fun House.
Ok, this WrestleMania 36 fallout was good, very good. The Blue brand definitely knows how to make the show and create the necessary tension to build up the upcoming feuds. Despite this idea of taping wrestling shows, with all the risks that come with a virus, the idea of putting wrestlers in danger, I will say I appreciated these 2 hours.
Then, why stripping The Fiend of the belt in Saudi Arabia to give him a chance again? Knowing that Goldberg was decided not to retain the Universal title at Mania, why giving it to him so a few months ago? I think this Goldberg’s win is and will remain a mystery to all of us. The Fiend vs Strowman will be a student vs master match and, obviously, a must-watch.
No news from the mystery man behind the screens that revealed the Ziggler-Deville trap. The Cross/Bliss vs Kabuki Warriors rematch from Mania was very good and definitely set the belts on SmackDown. Money In The Bank matches are on the work, Tamina is on her way to break the indestructible friendship of Sasha and Bayley because, in the end, that’s what is meant to happen. Welcome to The Forgotten Sons, goodbye to The Revival. The show must go on, after all…
All pics, screencaps and videos courtesy of WWE