Which barriers to break? Be a man. Climb the mountain that will make you reach the pinnacle of the sport you represent. Be a Champion, act like a Champion. Don’t let your youth be a reason for people to say you aren’t worth it. Because you’re worth it. Also, be a woman. Stick to a company so hard your words become a source. Don’t let any man tell you you have nothing to do in this business. Support a company for 3 long years, focus on the positive, and become a member of the most incredible family this business has ever had.
On the menu this week, from Nashville, Tennessee, Tasha Steelz will team up with Kiera Hogan against Kylie Rae and Susie. Joseph Ryan will face off Crazzy Steve. TJP and Fallah Bahh will square off with The Rascalz to determine which team is the real #1 contender for the tag team belts. Rohit Raju will face TNA original Chase Stevens. Ace Austin and Trey will compete in the finals of the number one contender tournament and try to earn a World Championship match. Also, Madison Rayne and Johnny Swinger will welcome Chris Bey in a new episode of Locker Room Talk. So no more words, let’s get ready for some action, but your French Enygma Steph way, of course…
The Nygma’s Chart of the Week
Josh Mathews and Madison Rayne were on commentary this week.
- Kiera Hogan & Tasha Steelz defeated Kylie Rae & Susie.
- Austin told Gia Miller that he doesn’t want to be stuck in the past, he wants to move towards the future. After making that statement, Moose came in. Moose was trying to persuade Austin to focus his attention on the TNA World Heavyweight Championship and not the Impact World Championship.
- Joseph Ryan w/ The Crist Brothers defeated Crazzy Steve. After the match, Joseph asked Dave and Jake Crist if they would like to join Cancel Culture. Jake hit a roundhouse kick on Dave and official became a part of Cancel Culture.
- Rohit Raju defeated Chase Stevens. After the match, Rohit Raju was talking to the camera but didn’t notice that Rhino snuck in. Rhino landed a Gore on Raju.
- Gia Miller interviewed both Havok and Nevaeh. She asked Nevaeh why she’s here at Impact. Nevaeh informed Miller that she and Havok have been a tag team for quite some time now. Therefore, she has arrived and is ready to take on the other Knockouts with Havok.
- Madison Rayne and Johnny Swinger welcomed Chris Bey for the “Locker Room Talk.” Rayne wanted to know why Bey decided to sign with Impact. Co-host Johnny Swinger answered for him. Rayne also wanted to know if Bey will dethrone Mack and his X-Division Reign. Swinger answered for him, again. Swinger knew that Bey is going to be the next champion. He announced that he and Bey are going to form a tag team together next week.
- Backstage, Jimmy Jacobs welcomed back Knockouts Champion Jordynne Grace. As she was talking about the newest Knockouts joining Impact, Taya Valkyrie joined in, she didn’t think Grace should’ve taken any time off as Champion. Grace challenged her to a match tonight for the Knockouts Championship next week.
- The Rascalz (Dez & Wentz) defeated TJP & Fallah Bahh to become the new number one contenders for the Impact World Tag Team Championships. All four men showed their showmanship by hugging and shaking each other’s hands.
- Deonna Purrazzo announced in a new vignette she will make her IMPACT debut next week.
- Rosemary and John E. Bravo were enjoying a moment together. Rosemary thought that Bravo should come and work for “them.” She said if he bites the apple she gave him, he’s in. Bravo was close to taking a bite before Valkyrie called and asked him to pick up some dog food. He left Rosemary shocked.
- Michael Elgin asked for his music to be played and headed to the ring. Elgin was furious that he lost his match last week. He called out Sami Callihan, who he thought cheated him out of his win last week. The “ICU” logo appeared on screen, but not Callihan. Elgin said that no one is going to stand in his way towards becoming the new Impact World Championship. Ken Shamrock ran down to the ring. After a few back-and-forth exchanges, Elgin escaped and said to Shamrock he’ll fight him “on his time.”
- We saw Trey knocked out backstage. Ace Austin who was already in the ring thought that he should automatically be announced the winner. Wentz ran down to the ring saying that he knew it was him who attacked Trey. Scott D’Amore came down and said that Wentz can fill in for his friend Trey.
- Ace Austin defeated Wentz and became the new number one contender for the Impact World Championship. He will face Tessa Blanchard at a later date.
The Nygma’s Nutcracker(s) of the Week
– The Rascalz vs TJP & Fallah Bahh
All four men hit each other’s elbow, to show their respect before the match started. Dez and Fallah Bahh started things off. Dez tried to move Bahh from behind, but Bahh replied with a wristlock. Bahh ducked a clothesline but missed a leg drop. TJP and Wentz in, TJP took control with a lockup. Wentz rolled through with a kip-up. TJP twisted Wentz into the corner. Wentz swept the leg. TJP ran into a boot from Wentz. Wentz tagged in Dez. Dez flew up and over and made a quick tag to Wentz. Wentz hit the bronco-buster TJP in the corner (a kind of ‘kiss my ass’ club?)
All four men were now in the ring. Bahh got some offence in before heading back to the apron. TJP connected with a suplex. Wentz tagged Dez in. Rascalz ran rough shot with a double foot stomp rollup. Wentz hit a slingshot, hooked the leg, TJP popped out of it. TJP accidentally pushed Wentz towards his corner. He tagged in Dez. Bahh was now in. Bahh tossed Dez into the corner, then splashed him. Bahh sent Dez towards Wentz, knocking both men out. Bahh grabbed Dez up for a Samoan Drop.
TJP was in. TJP had Dez on his shoulders, rolled through, then Bahh and TJP connected with a double takedown. TJP planted a dragon leg whip. Dez grabbed hold of his knee. TJP took Wentz off the apron. Wentz climbed back up and made his way into the ring. Wentz connected with a jumping knee, then a knee in the corner. Wentz kept the defence going with a standing moonsault. Bahh connected with a belly-to-belly suplex on Wentz, then a Samoan Drop on Dez. TJP flew off the top with a Mamba Splash. TJP caught Wentz. Dez flew in but got locked up in a leg submission. Wentz pushed Dez back with a bridged pin on TJP. Dez picked up the win.
– Ace vs Wentz
Wentz kept Austin down. Wentz climbed on top of Austin and swang on him. Back from the break, Austin was up on the apron. Wentz caught Austin’s leg and dragged him off the apron. Austin landed a strong right hand on Wentz, before choking him with his shirt. Austin slammed Wentz’s back towards the apron. Wentz rolled in the ring to break the count and got caught with a suplex off the ramp. Austin quick whipped Wentz towards the steel guardrail, not once but twice. Austin stomped Wentz’s hand, then slammed him back into the guardrail. Wentz side stepped Austin and sent him into the guardrail.
Wentz stomped Austin down. Austin ate a boot. Wentz gained some momentum by running towards Austin. Wentz flew off the stairs but got kicked in the face mid-air. Back from the break, Austin had Wentz trapped in the corner. Austin went for a chop but instead, he met Wentz’s boot. Austin cornered Wentz again with a foot chokehold. Austin connected with a snapmare and smashed Wentz’s face into the bottom rope. Austin went for a suplex, locked Wentz’s arm up and took out his card. He sliced Wentz’s fingers with it.
Wentz fought back and drove Austin into the canvas. Austin grabbed Wentz by his hair and drove him down towards the mat. Wentz hit a springboard off the ropes and landed a knee on Austin. Wentz sent Austin down again with a big kick. Wentz flew through with another knee. Wentz connected with a standing moonsault. Wentz hit another knee to Austin’s jaw after sliding out of a suplex. Wentz and Ace exchanged slaps. Wentz connected with another boot, but couldn’t keep Austin down. Wentz climbed to the top, Austin got his knees up in time as Wentz flew down with a Swanton Bomb. Austin connected with The Fold for the win.
The not-Nygma’s Moment(s) of the Week
Nothing to say… Really…
The Lollipop and Baby-Oil Nygmalicious Moment of The Week The Knickers And Turtleneck Moment of The Week
Did I say cancel? No… A man who is able to destroy a family is really decided to delete any aspect of “classic” culture… In fact, Joseph is defending his own “culture,” his very personal way of thinking. Then, if the last step is to turn Jake into a lollipop and baby-oil superstar…
The Nygma’s Noticeable Facts of the Week
– Staying silent
There’s no word to describe what happened to George Floyd. And Impact Wrestling chose to say nothing, all show long. My words would be the French motto is Freedom, Equality, Brotherhood. No one deserves to be judged or lose his/her life because of his/her religion, his/her sexual orientation, or the colour of his/her skin. Period.
— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) June 3, 2020
– Who attacked Trey?
I will probably surprise most of you but I don’t think Ace Austin was responsible for this attack. Of course, he had a lot more to win than any other member of the roster. But that would be too easy. I have my own theory on that, we’ll see in the coming weeks if it’s true.
— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) June 3, 2020
I said last week that everything is possible in wrestling, even putting turtlenecks on the Crist brothers. Jake betrayed his own brother, his own blood, to ally with Joseph Ryan. oVe is definitely over. And Joseph is smiling…
– Ace Austin
At Bound for Glory 2019, when he won the Impact X Division Championship in a five-way ladder match against Tessa Blanchard, Daga, Jake Crist, and Ace Romero, Ace Austin caught the wrestling world by surprise. At only 23, Austin is so talented Impact Wrestling have decided to bet on him very soon. For him now to be on the World Championship road is something he absolutely deserved. He is a great heel, a devil in the sky, a demon in the ring. This man is the future, only Impact Wrestling could see that…
– Slammiversary XVIII
This is so huge I couldn’t wait for the moment this review was going online to announce what I saw. What is the common point between Eric Young, a Bulgarian flag, Rockstar Spud, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson, Brian Myers (Curt Hawkins), Mike and Maria Bennett, and EC3? Slammiversary XVIII, live on PPV on July 18.
To be eNYGMAtic…
Yesterday was a day of protest. This week’s episode didn’t follow that idea. I have nothing, but absolutely nothing bad to say about the episode. It was not perfect, but perfection doesn’t exist, but it was a real good wrestling show. You wanted action? There were tons, and some excellent one. You wanted storylines? In between Trey’s attack, Shamrock and Elgin, Taya and Jordynne, Rosemary and John, we were gifted. Even the Bey-Swinger segment was pleasant to watch because you know Bey will punch him in the face sooner than later. You wanted talents? The episode was stacked of. And then came the bomb, Slammiversary XVIII teaser. I’ve told you about trending many times before but Impact Wrestling made Twitter explode yesterday night. I don’t know where this video will bring us. One thing is sure, I’ve never been more excited for the future than now.
Three years at the helm of this review… What can I say? That I was right to stick to it. That I’ve spent so many hours writing on this company some thought I was completely crazy. That I’ve spent so many hours on the phone talking to the talents I found out I was way more than a voice for them. That this review allowed me to be someone totally different but, at the same time, totally myself. All I know is I have zero regrets, I love Impact Wrestling and I love what I do.
More than ever, take care, stay home unless you really have to go out, wear masks, and watch wrestling. On this “Happy 3-Year Anniversary, Nygma” note, until next week, never EVER forget to stay #eNYGMAtic…
All pics, videos, and screenshots courtesy of Impact Wrestling, Basil Mahmud, and AXS TV. Photocollage custom made by @frenchnygma exclusively for @steelchairmag.