Which barriers to break? Find a balance between silence and noise to make sure the right messages are heard.
On the menu this week, from Nashville, Tennessee, Deonna Purrazzo will debut in the Impact Zone against Miss Hardcore Alisha Edwards. Tasha Steelz will face off Neveah. Taya Valkyrie will compete against Susie. The Deaners and Willie Mack will team up against Chris Bey, Johnnys Swinger and a mystery opponent. Madman Fulton, Ace Austin’s new best friend, will face Eddie Edwards. So no more words, let’s get ready for some action, but your French Enygma Steph way, of course…
The Nygma’s Chart of the Week
Josh Mathews and Madison Rayne were on commentary this week.
- Tasha Steelz w/ Kiera Hogan defeated Nevaeh w/ Havok. Hogan distracted Nevaeh.
- Clip from Deonna Purrazzo’s interview on Busted Open Radio last week. Jordynne Grace interrupted her interview. She called Purrazzo out for her malicious attacks. Grace said that she’s going to crush Purrazzo the next time she sees her. Purrazzo was furious that Grace interrupted her interview. She said that she has become the face of Impact, and Grace is jealous of that. Grace is all for defending her title against her. Purrazzo guaranteed that she’ll become the new Knockouts Champion.
- Backstage, Deonna Purrazzo told Gia Miller she didn’t come to Impact to interact with those lower than her – she came to win titles. Alisha Edwards called Purrazzo out on her disrespectful behaviour. She challenged her to a match.
- Backstage, Johnny Swinger was so excited to find a mystery partner for him and Chris Bey’s six-man tag team match tonight. Someone was at the door. Swinger grabbed it, and it was Rich Swann. He asked Swann to be their partner tonight. Swann told Swinger that he won’t do it because he’s still injured, and not cleared to compete, and Willie Mack is his friend so he refuses to face him.
- The North was talking about how they’re being overlooked, which was driving Ethan Page mad. At this point, he couldn’t stand Ken Shamrock. Shamrock sneaked up behind him and confronted The North. Josh Alexander said if Shamrock wants a fight, he’s ready to throw down. Shamrock agreed to face him tonight.
- Moose was speaking to some referees and backstage personnel about being the real World Champion. Crazzy Steve couldn’t help but make fun of Moose’s statement. Moose said next week, he’ll put his title on the line against Crazzy Steve. Steve couldn’t wait to become the next “fake” champion.
- Deonna Purrazzo defeated Alisha Edwards. After the match, Jordynne Grace ran down to the ring. Purrazzo rolled out of the ring in time and yelled out that she’ll fight Grace “on her time.”
- Backstage, Johnny Swinger was still looking for a partner. He asked Suicide to be him and Bey’s partner. As Swinger went on and on, Suicide disappeared. Swinger then talked to Hernandez. Hernandez said he’ll be their partner if Swinger beats him in an arm-wrestling match. Unfortunately, Swinger didn’t win. As he was leaving, Swinger ran into Taya Valkyrie. He asked her to join his team. He said it could be a monumental moment for her. Valkyrie declined and went looking for John E Bravo.
- “The World’s Most Dangerous Man” Ken Shamrock versus “The Walking Weapon” Josh Alexander never happened as it was a trap. As Ken Shamrock made his way down the ramp, The North attacked him from behind. They kept attacking Shamrock, to the point where he was not moving. Several medical officials came down to help Shamrock. Josh Mathews announced that during the break, Shamrock was taken backstage to be looked at.
- Taya Valkyrie (w/ John E Bravo) vs. Susie. After the match, Taya Valkyrie taunted Susie about her gimmick, saying no one’s buying it. Valkyrie kept on top of Susie until Kylie Rae ran down and sent Taya out of the ring.
- Backstage, Jimmy Jacobs wanted to get a comment from Madman Fulton about his new-formed alliance with Ace Austin. Fulton opened the door, but Austin took over the interview. Austin said that he recruited Fulton so he can help bodyguard him while he pursues the Impact World Champion.
- Chris Bey and Johnny Swinger were getting ready for their six-man tag team match. Swinger was able to recruit Rohit Raju. Raju admitted that he didn’t want to do this, but he needed the air time. Bey was not too happy with this decision. They headed out to the ring.
- Chris Bey, Johnny Swinger & Rohit Raju vs. The Deaners (Cousin Jake and Cody Deaner) & Willie Mack.
- Backstage, Reno Scum was taunting D’Lo Brown. Fallah Bahh and TJP saw them picking on Brown and called them out on it. Reno Scum challenged Bahh and TJP to a match next week.
- Madman Fulton (w/ Ace Austin) defeated Eddie Edwards. Ace Austin interfered.
- After the end credit, we saw D’Lo Brown talking to someone online. He grabbed his Aces & Eights jacket that was sitting on his chair as he was leaving.
The Nygma’s Nutcracker(s) of the Week
– Eddie Edwards vs Madman Fulton
Eddie Edwards tried to grab Madman Fulton. Fulton pushed Edwards back towards the turnbuckles. Edwards went for a standing switch/side headlock takeover. Fulton shot Edwards off with a back elbow. Fulton threw Edwards face-first into the turnbuckles. Edwards attacked with an inverted atomic drop. Edwards sent Fulton over the top rope with a strong clothesline. Back from the break, Fulton was standing on top of Edward’s shoulders. The referee called for a rope break. Fulton sent Edwards crashing on the outside after a powerful one arm throw.
Fulton left the ring and continued his attack on Edwards with a neckbreaker. Fulton slammed Edwards’ head four times into the top turnbuckle. The referee checked in Edwards to see if he could continue. Edwards countered Fulton with a suplex, followed by a set of chops. Edwards flew through the ropes with a dive on Fulton. Fulton and Edwards crashed into the guardrail. Fulton was up first, and smiling. Fulton sent Edwards back into the ring. Edwards ducked the line and connected with several rapid chops. Fulton grabbed Edwards’ neck.
Edwards fired back with a forearm and Blue Thunder Bomb. Edwards looked to connect a Tiger Drive, but Fulton countered. Edwards caught an elbow and joined Fulton up on the top rope. He sent Fulton off the top rope with a top rope hurricanrana. Ace Austin climbed up on the apron. Edwards kicked him off. Edwards shift his focus back on Fulton with a palm strike and a jumping kick. Edwards connected with the Tiger Driver. Fulton sent Edward down with a swinging DDT for the win.
The not-Nygma’s Moment(s) of the Week
This is what I’m going to cancel very soon… Even sooner than you think…
The Nygma’s Noticeable Facts of the Week
– Ken Shamrock/The North
The North is ready to get rid of the dinosaurs… Watch this Ethan Page video on Twitter, that’s hilarious. Then, if that’s the only the North found to reach the attention of people backstage, for sure, that worked. Then what does it mean less than four weeks before Slammiversary?
– A Women’s Tag Team Division?
If you read my piece on Women’s Tag Team titles, if not it’s here, I think this week you understood we really have never been closer to a comeback. It’s just there, in front of your eyes. Nevaeh and Havok, Tasha and Kiera, Taya and Rosemary, Susie and Kylie… Impact Wrestling have the talents and the opportunity to revive those belts and give even more importance to the Knockouts Division.
– Slammiversary XVIII – Deonna vs Jordynne
“Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy’s resistance without fighting,” said La Virtuosa. As soon as she attacked Jordynne Grace two weeks ago, Deonna Purrazzo becoming the #1 contender for the Knockouts title was set in stone. Her first match against Alisha was just a glimpse of what she is able of. The way the company is pushing her is telling us a lot on her future with the company.
– Ace & Eights
Welcome to an enigma for the Nygma! So D’Lo Brown, former TNA wrestler and now backstage agent, was talking to an old friend. As he left, he grabbed his Aces & Eights jacket that was sitting on his chair. If we cross this information with last week’s video, we have 4 suspects (I love Cluedo), Bully Ray, Ken Anderson, DOC Gallows, and Sting. Who was it? Time will tell…
— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) June 24, 2020
To be eNYGMAtic…
The episode was what it was in the current context, and it was good. The storylines are moving forward, Fulton grabbed a huge win on a #1 contender for the Impact World Championship. The Knockouts tore the house down again, as they have done over the last few weeks.
Less than four weeks before Slammiversary XVIII, there still are a lot of question marks about the PPV. Nothing unusual from the company that, this time, decided to make an extraordinary work of teasing. I can only tell you, order it now. You won’t regret it. And my promises are never fake.
More than ever, take care and watch wrestling. On this “Nygma Can’t Get Enough” note, until next week, never EVER forget to stay #eNYGMAtic…
All pics, videos, and screenshots courtesy of Impact Wrestling, Basil Mahmud, and AXS TV. Photocollage custom made by @frenchnygma exclusively for @steelchairmag.