Which barriers to break? Last week’s figures were impressive but that was last week. Never ever take anything for granted. Be grateful and move forward. Don’t expect, suggest. Too much is not enough.
On the menu this week, from Nashville, Tennessee, Eddie Edwards will put the World Championship on the line against Trey. Knockouts Champion Deonna Purrazzo will face off Kimber Lee. For their return in the Impact Zone, The Good Brothers will square off with Reno Scum. We’ll also hear from Rich Swann as he will provide a medical update and Katie Forbes as she will show us her new pics. So no more words, let’s get ready for some action, but your French Enygma Steph way, of course…
The Nygma’s Chart of the Week
Josh Mathews and Madison Rayne were back on commentary.
- Eddie Edwards defeated Trey to retain the Impact World Championship. Eric Young cames out to confront Edwards after the match. EY teased doing so but shakes his finger and said he’ll do it in his own time.
- In the season premiere of “Wrestle House!”, Rosemary taunted Taya a bit. Taya decided to leave, Rosemary’s eyes turned black. Taya went to exit, only to see an Abyss lookalike in a hellscape offering a bag. She returned as Johnny Swinger said that the mark really is in purgatory, “doing the job.” Susie scolded him for being bad, and Taya asked what that was all about. Rosemary said, “Don’t ask us, it’s not our house.” Cody wanted to know exactly where they were. Alisha was confused about them being on a reality show and Crazzy Steve mentioned the “Stooge Room” where the confessionals happen. Cousin Jake thought it was Duck Dynasty, and Larry D set him straight. They asked whose voice it is, and Tommy Dreamer showed up looking super attractive and saying every reality show needs a host. He also said it’s his house. Acey asked if it’s the House of Hardcore, and Tommy said, “No, stupid, it’s an investment property. I had to do something with those ECW checks before they bounced.” Taya asked how long she has to be here and Rosemary said as long as it takes, staying at John E. and taking a bite of her apple.
- Back at “Wrestle House!,” things were already getting tense between the Deaners and XXXL, the bottles were becoming weapons. Susie shut everyone up, saying arguments are bad and they should call a truce. Cousin Jake said “No Way, Jose” and Tommy said they didn’t sign him. Kylie was excited by the truce possibility and suggested an Air High Five, while Swinger suggested Fuji Bowing. XXXL bowed and Cody complied. Cousin Jake was hesitant but Susie said, do it for her, and he did. Taya then asked Rosemary why they’re here, and Rosemary let Tommy answer. They were handpicked for the chance to win a million dollars, which everyone was obviously excited about, except Rosemary who told Tommy that was not true while no one’s paying attention. Tommy said it was true and if anyone knew, it would be him.
He said there are six bedrooms and everyone realized they need to claim a room right quick. Cousin Jake was smitten over Susie. Larry claimed a room over Acey and Johnny Swinger pushed through Kylie and Susie, who were trying to let each other claim it. He invited them to share it and they both walked off because they have brains. Steve walked in and Swinger invited him to join him. “They call me crazy, not desperate.” Everyone raced for a room, Alisha said she’s taking the couch. Rosemary and Taya took rooms opposite each other and John E. looked uncomfortable. Jake and Cody played paper-rock-scissors for a bey. Acey found a ring outside but got beat to it by Steve. Acey said he saw it first, Steve said wrestling rules dictate that whoever does it first on TV gets to keep it. Dreamer called for match time and suddenly Acey and Steve were in their gear. Everyone wandered out and Kylie was going to be the referee.
- Acey Romero defeated Crazzy Steve to have the right to sleep in the ring.
- Backstage, TJP and Fallah Bahh were having a conversation when Rohit Raju came into the picture and told them about Chris Bey and how he’s the new X-Division Champion. It seemed that TJP is interested in possibly challenging Bey for the title. Raju went looking for Bey to tell him the news.
- Backstage, Ace Austin and Madman Fulton told Gia Miller their intentions were to properly great Gallows and Anderson to Impact, but they didn’t want it. So, they had to do what needed to be done, attack the newcomers.
- Video package on The Motor City Machine Guns.
- The North were backstage looking depressed, and Josh told Ethan Page to talk about it. Page got emotional and Josh said that Page is at a loss for words at last. But he couldn’t blame them because they’re the best tag team in the company’s history and are missing their tag team titles. Now everyone wanted to celebrate the Machine Guns, but he wanted them to know that they have a rematch clause. The North is not dead or done and it’s a matter of time before they get their titles back. Page ripped off his glasses and looked like he was about to say something, then just put them back on and walked off.
- Backstage, Katie Forbes was showing Rob Van Dam some of the photos of her that she wants to show the Impact fans. RVD helped her pick them out.
- In a vignette, EC3 listed all his accolades. He said that’s beside the point. He’s back to reclaim his original spot in the company after sitting on the sidelines in developmental for so long. He found his failure to be personal, and he needed to face them head-on. His past is his biggest foe, and he’s here for the destruction of his past. He was ready to lay his vengeance on anyone who dares to step in his way.
- Backstage, Moose told Gia Miller he didn’t care what anyone thinks, he’s the champion and that’s that. He thought he’s going to send out an invitation out for another competitor but refuses to give one to EC3. Heath made his way into Moose’s interview. Heath said thanks for the invite, to which Moose looks at him quizzically. Heath said the “TNA committee” informed him that he was allowed to be there. Moose said there’s no such thing as a “TNA Committee.” Moose added if he wants a match with him next week, he’ll extend an invitation to him. Scott D’Amore agreed with Moose’s challenge.
- Impact Knockouts Champion Deonna Purrazzo defeated Kimber Lee. After the match, Jordynne Grace made her way to the ring with an arm in a sling. Purrazzo smiled, knowing if Grace steps foot in the ring, she’ll break Grace’s other arm. Grace revealed that her arm wasn’t broken. Grace attacked Purrazzo before the champion rolled out of the ring.
- Brian Myers is coming to IMPACT.
- Back at “Wrestle House!,” Steve walked along and ran into a shirtless Johnny Swinger saying that he’s probably going to have to sleep in the bathroom and pre-apologizing for his bladder control issue from Murdoch dropping a knee into his kidney. He gave him one last chance to bunk up. “Be my young boy, Daddy. Lots of benefits.” Anyway, Steve considered it and gave a devious grin, saying it sounds like a great idea. Meanwhile, Cody was drinking and trying to sleep on the floor while Jake was snoring loudly. Jake then said Cody woke him up with his snoring. They accused each other of snoring, and the obvious lump on the other side of the bed was surely the reason. Cody clowned on Jake for being hot on Susie and things got serious before Tommy was revealed to be the guy on the other side of the bed. “MATCH TIME!” But in the morning, because Tommy’s tired. An animated rooster crowed, morning.
- Cousin Jake defeated Cody Deaner to win the right to stay in the room. Alisha Edwards was the referee.
- Backstage, Sami Callihan found Ken Shamrock and wanted his explanation. Shamrock said he can’t think right now and is out of here; he doesn’t know when he’ll be back. Katie and RVD were there and Katie said Sami is the guy that was creeping on her. RVD said he can look but has to keep his distance. Sami said he’s right, he’ll never even see him. Katie and Van Dam headed off.
- Katie Forbes was excited to reveal her new sexy photos. She said that normally, she shows her goods to her fans online. But tonight, she’s going to give everyone a show. She started a countdown and her photos showed up on the screen. The only thing that doesn’t look right was that Callihan cropped his face over Forbes’. Forbes was furious that Callihan hacked into her account and did that.
- In The Treehouse, Wentz and Dez were scared when Suicide appeared. They lit one up. It looked like everyone was having a good time, including Suicide.
- Josh and Madison spoke with Rich Swann by satellite. Rich said he’s very disappointed after seven long months of being on the shelf, waiting to come back. He busted his ass to get where he needed to be, got the chance to challenge for the title and Eric Young went off the rails and took away his opportunity. Swann said EY may have changed his life as he knew it. Swann added he’ll be at Impact next week to address everyone and give an update.
- The Good Brothers defeated Reno Scum. Ace Austin came out and took a seat on the ramp. After the match, Austin and Fulton made their way towards the ring. Anderson and Gallows weren’t in the mood to play any more games with these two. Both teams started to brawl up towards the ramp and into the back. Now, all four men were backstage. Gallows threw Fulton through the exit door. Their brawl was now outside of the arena. Gallows slammed Fulton into the cameraman, which concluded the show.
The Nygma’s Nutcracker(s) of the Week
– Eddie Edwards vs Trey
Handshake to start it off, and they locked up. Trey managed to back his way up the corner and turned it into an arm drag, raced in and got some counter. Trey connected with a headlock takedown. Eddie got back to his feet, shot Trey off into a wheelbarrow. Trey replied with a bulldog, then came off the ropes and ended up on Edwards’ shoulder. Trey slid out, hit a cartwheel head scissors and a kick. Trey locked the cobra clutch, Eddie got back up and got pushed into the ropes. Eddie replied with strikes to take control, Trey reversed a whip, Eddie slid under and hit an inverted atomic drop and a belly-to-belly suplex. He followed with a knee to the back of Trey, an elbow to the top of the head and a headbutt. Trey spun out to the apron, hit a kick to the head and unloaded a spinning powerbomb.
Eddie got Trey in the corner, hit a big chop and a light kick to the head. Eddie picked Trey up, but Trey fought back until he ate a punch that stopped him. Edwards connected with a headbutt to the chest in the corner, he charged in but Trey dodged and slipped out of the ring, around the turnbuckle for a leaping kick to the head. Trey pulled Eddie to the corner, climbed to the top, hit a split-legged moonsault but Eddie got the knees up. Eddie slowly went back to his feet, Trey charged and hit punches, Eddie connected with a back elbow on the ropes. Eddie came off the ropes with a back kick, they traded chops and Trey hit a leaping cartwheel kick.
Back from the break, they were trading strikes. Eddie was getting the best of it and they went wild with the punches, Eddie unloaded chops but Trey replied with a back-kick. He hit a springboard off the bottom rope, Eddie caught him but Trey out and tripped the champ into the bottom rope. Trey connected with a springboard low cutter and got more frustrated. He climbed up top. He jumped, Eddie ducked, Trey did a couple of flips, turned around but was shoved into the air and hit the ground hard. Eddie connected with a Tiger Driver attempt reversed into a hurricanrana. Trey kicked Eddie repeatedly and came off the ropes into a clothesline. Eddie hit the Tiger Driver but Trey kicked out. Eddie went for the Boston Tea Party but Trey replied with a high knee. Eddie finally hit the Boston Tea Party for the win.
The Weekly “Enigma For a Nygma”
To like or not to like “Wrestle House”, that is the question. I asked the cranium on my desk what I was supposed to do because this is a lot to talk about. If I’m not a fan of it, I have to say it’s funny and very well-done. It had the smell and the taste of the 90s, which reminded me I’m not a usual spring chicken anymore.
Well, it’s not my cup of tea, don’t blame me for that…
The Nygma’s Noticeable Facts of the Week
– Tommy Dreamer
What wouldn’t Tommy Dreamer do for Impact Wrestling? The host of “Wrestle House!” held a wrestler’s court dressed as a Mexican and another in men’s toilets, tried to save a wedding by finding a priest before a commercial break… Reinventing oneself and having fun of oneself are some of the keys to the longevity of a wrestler. The Innovator of Violence always finds a way to be surprising or funny.
– Sami Callihan
I’m sorry but I laughed… Sami was freakin’ sexy in these pics…
I think NOT! pic.twitter.com/RU9Ns2KsVs
— The DRAW (@TheSamiCallihan) July 29, 2020
Destroy the past to build the future… Forget about EC3, the former TNA Champion. “The past is just a story…” The man we see in this vignette is different, focused, violent. He is decided to build his future on the ashes of his past glory. I can’t wait to see what the new EC3 will offer in a ring, that will be definitely different.
— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) July 29, 2020
To be eNYGMAtic…
I am very puzzled. The “Wrestle House!” segments made me lose the thread of the episode… We only had three matches, good ones I agree, but that’s not what we are used to. On the promos side, that was ok. “Wrestle House!” was pretty long, funny for sure, and very well-done.
I won’t say the episode was bad but it was different. I may also have been unprepared for this change, which explains the cranium questioning. Some days are better than others, more inspired, less moody or tense. The fact it didn’t work for me this week doesn’t mean my love story with Impact Wrestling is over.
On this “Nygma Wants the Lion Teddy” note, take care, stay safe, watch wrestling, until next week, never EVER forget to stay #eNYGMAtic…
All pics, videos, and screenshots courtesy of Impact Wrestling, Basil Mahmud and AXS TV. Photocollage custom made by @frenchnygma exclusively for @steelchairmag.