Which barriers to break? Celebrate the violence of the instant, when a title changes hands and the world seems to be completely broken. Imagine the wave you will be able to ride, possibilities are unlimited. The Good vs the Bad is a concept as old as the hills… but it still rules our world. Everything is possible, even the impossible. Too much will never be enough.
On the menu this week, from Nashville, Tennessee, the new Impact World Champion Eric Young will kick off the show. Chris Bey will face off TJP. Impact World Tag Team Champions The MCMG will put their titles on the line against Dez and Wentz of The Rascalz. Will Mack is supposed to shake Brian Myers’ hand. Madison Rayne will host a new edition of “Locker Room Talk,” with Kylie Rae and Susie as her guests. So no more words, let’s get ready for some action, but your French Enygma Steph way, of course…
The Nygma’s Chart of the Week
Josh Mathews and Madison Rayne were on commentary.
- Impact World Champion Eric Young kicked off the show. Standing in the ring, Young began his speech by saying that Impact fans are now looking at a world-class champion. He wanted Rich Swann to know that he was the one who “got the ball rolling” towards his destructive path of winning the title off of Eddie Edwards. Alisha Edwards made her way down to the ring. She told him that Eddie is a fighter, and once he comes back he will, “whoop his ass and reclaim the title again.” He said because of the damage he caused on Eddie, he is having a hard time taking care of their daughter. Young replied back with, “I don’t care.” Alisha slapped him in the face. He grabbed her for a piledriver but Tommy Dreamer ran down to the ring, a kendo stick in hand. Dreamer smacked Young across the back with it. Young rolled out of the ring. Dreamer defended Alisha and Eddie. He said that things were going fine before he made his return at Slammiversary. Dreamer challenged EY to a match of his choosing tonight.
- TNA World Heavyweight Champion Moose was heading in an airport, we saw him getting on a plane.
- Backstage, Rosemary wanted to make sure that Taya was ok that Bravo asked to marry her. Valkyrie was all for it. In fact, she believed their ceremony will be the wedding of the century. She had everything under control when it comes to all the wedding planning.
- TJP defeated Chris Bey. Impact X-Division Champion Rohit Raju was at ringside.
- Madison Rayne welcomed us to “Locker Room Talk.” Her co-host Johnny Swinger was back. Rayne wanted to know if Rae went to Wrestle House to dodge Deonna Purrazzo’s Black Tie Affair moment. Rae said absolutely not. Rayne then asked Rae if she has ever met Susie’s alter ego named Su. Purrazzo and Kimber Lee interrupted them. They both challenged Rae and Susie to a tag team match next week.
- Bound For Glory promo with Eric Young (available for pre-order on Fite TV yet).
- Backstage, Bravo was making some phone calls. Tasha Steelz and Kiera Hogan dropped by and asked if they’ll be invited to his wedding. He told them that Valkyrie is in charge of who gets invited. Hogan and Steelz said that he needs to learn how to be his own man and stand up to Valkyrie.
- Brian Myers came to the ring and began his speech by saying that he believes he and Willie Mack got off on the wrong foot. He was giving Mack an opportunity to make things right between the two of them, with a handshake. Mack headed down to the ring and told Myers that he is not down there for a handshake, Impact Management granted him another match against Myers. He wanted to have the match right now.
- Brian Myers defeated The Mack.
- Backstage, Jordynne Grace told Gia Miller she is furious that Tenille Dashwood just waltzed back into the Impact Zone unannounced. She wanted some answers. Grace knocked on Dashwoods’ door. Kaleb Konley (with a K) opened the door and told Grace that Dashwood was not there because she was modelling, but she will be back next week.
- Backstage, Taya interrupted Tasha and Kiera and told them to mind their business and not come to Bravo/Rosemary’s wedding. Steelz got in Taya’s face. She replied if they want to settle it, she’ll meet her in the ring tonight.
- The MCMG (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin) defeated The Rascalz (Dez & Wentz). After the match, The North, along with Madman Fulton and Ace Austin, ran down to the ring and attacked the champions. The Good Brothers headed on down to help MCMG. The send The North, Fulton and Austin out of the ring. Dez and Wentz flew over to take out the other teams on the outside.
- Rob Van Dam and Katie Forbes announced next week their new talk show “The Whole F’N Show” will premiere on Impact.
- Sami Callihan couldn’t believe after his big win against RVD, he got his ass kicked. He said that it’s all about the numbers. Next week, he promised he will make his presence known on Van Dam’s new talk show. Thumbs up, thumbs down.
- Taya Valkyrie w/ John E. Bravo defeated Tasha Steelz w/ Kiera Hogan. Bravo was busy on the phone during all match long. Kiera and Tasha attacked Taya after the match and Bravo finally reacted. He and Taya argued.
- Second Bound For Glory promo with Eric Young.
- Moose was at a football game. He met up with his former football coach. He asked his coach if he happened to see EC3 around. His coach told him no. He also told him to remember what he said, “Control Your Narrative.” Moose had a puzzled look on his face. Three men wearing EC3’s hoodie entered the room and Moose attacked them.
- Outside, Rhino met Heath to talk to him about his contract status. Heath said that he isn’t sure where he stands with Impact Wrestling, but fans seem to be backing him up through is ads, but he needs some money. Rhino had an idea on how to get it…
- Impact World Champion Eric Young defeated Tommy Dreamer in a Street Fight. Young attacked Dreamer after the match but Rich Swann came to his rescue.
The Nygma’s Nutcracker(s) of the Week
– TJP vs Chris Bey
Bey took a swing that TJP ducked and fired back before the bell. TJP hit punches, whipped into the corner and hit Bey out into a backdrop. TJP connected with a European uppercut, Bey went off the ropes and lifted up to drop to the mat, followed by a submission attempt. Bey countered and laid in punches as Rohit Raju came out to taunt. TJP went off the ropes into a shot, Bey hit a European uppercut and a punch in the corner. TJP whipped across the ring, up and over as Bey charged in with a headscissors takedown. TJP went off the ropes, Bey went for a hip toss but TJP bounced off the ropes into an arm drag and Bey was out of the ring. TJP connected with a springboard and a dropkick to the outside, he rolled Bey in and went up top. He almost lost his balance and dropped down.
Bey charged in and got get in a head-scissors submission but the referee broke the move as TJP was holding onto the ropes. Bey strangled the eyes, tried a mid-wristlock and knocked TJP down. Back from break, Bey was delivering elevated stomps to TJP in the corner. He jawed at Rohit, then came off the ropes for a diving clothesline. Bey yelled at TJP and showed off a bit as TJP got up. He put him in the Gory lock but TJP wriggled out for a sunset flip. TJP connected with a drop toehold into an inverted STF. They counter-wrestled a bit until Bey kicked TJP in the head. TJP went off the ropes into an abdominal stretch. He powered out and hit a back suplex with both men down now.
Rohit was enjoying the match. Both men get up, Manhattan drop by TJP who came off the ropes with a splash. He hit three consecutive front facelock suplexes, he went for the Mamba Splash but Bey dodged it. Bey connected with a kick to the head, he then came off the ropes in a springboard but right into a submission. Bey then picked TJP up with a Torture Rack, then dropped him. Bey hit a springboard but got caught on TJP’s shoulders, he managed to slide off onto the apron and got a kick. Bey hit a slingshot into a sunset flip, TJP countered into his own for the win.
– Impact World Tag Team Championship Match: MCMG (c) vs Dez & Wentz
The Rascalz dropkicked the champs off the apron to start the match. Off the ropes, they dove onto the champs on the outside. Dez rolled Shelley in, he and Wentz avalanched Shelley and then Wentz in for one more. Shelley tagged out, Sabin ate kicks followed by a stomp. Dez connected with a kick and a punch, he tagged in Wentz and hit some shots as Wentz charged in with a shot, rolled Sabin out of the corner, and hit a kick and a standing moonsault. Sabin went off the ropes, Shelley tagged himself in, they caught Wentz and kicked the leg, Shelley hit a Dragon leg whip. He got Wentz up and kicked repeatedly at the back of the knee. Wentz whipped across the ring but he fell down clutching the leg. Shelley charged in but Wentz got a foot up, Shelley caught him and tossed him over the second rope for a kick. The referee got distracted by Shelley, Sabin in went off the ropes into a dropkick to the knee.
Shelley now worked the leg through the ropes with another Dragon leg whip that wrenched the knee against the rope. Sabin tagged in, he cut Wentz off and hit a bodyscissors into a self-head scissors, then dropped down to wreck the knee again. He continued with a kick to the back of Wentz, Wentz got picked up and pushed into the hostile corner. Wentz was fighting out, slid under Sabin but got caught. He did a standing switch, Shelley connected with a back waist lock, Sabin took out Dez, Wentz got backed into the corner and got clotheslined by Shelley who rolled through and hit a knee drop on the knee again. Sabin knocked Dez off the apron and hit a knee drop on Wentz. They then flipped Wentz over and jammed him down on the knees again. Shelley hit a spinning toehold, Dez was tagged in but got wrapped up in an Octopus hold by Sabin. Shelley set him in a Figure Four, Dez got free of Sabin and hit a standing shooting star press to break the leglock. Wentz was climbing slowly to his feet while Shelley grabbed the leg. Wentz found his way out, hit an enzuigiri and got the tag.
Sabin was tagged in but got an uppercut and then a series of strikes, a snapmare and a dropkick to the back. Dez hit a hard forearm in the corner and a back elbow. Dez picked Sabin up but Shelley cut Dez off. Wentz was now in, decked Shelley, charged at Sabin but ate an enzuigiri. Sabin got Wentz on the ropes but Dez connected with an enzuigiri to the back of the head, then grabbed the legs and hit a slingshot into a kick on Sabin, followed by a double knee drop. Dez tagged in Wentz, who picked Sabin up and held him for a superkick followed by a flying knee. Dez pushed Wentz into a standing moonsault but Sabin rolled out of the way, Dez connected with a stomp to Sabin, the whip was reversed, the inverted atomic drop and a dropkick connected, tandem offence. Wentz was up, ate a double enzuigiri, Shelley and Sabin picked Wentz up and hit a double Michinoku Driver for the win.
The Weekly “Enigma(s) For a Nygma”
Rich Swann is meant to be retired? If you remember well, I said I didn’t buy any words he said when he announced his retirement. I told you revenge is a motivation and a fuel like no other. And there was some rage in the eyes of Swann when EY attacked his leg after the retirement speech. The pain was there, but the fired eyes too. Rich Swann will come back, very, very soon…
The Nygma’s Noticeable Facts of the Week
– Of the concept of being a professional…
For more than three years, I’ve been telling you about the Nutcracking spirit. I have driven you nervous with the Nutcracker, BumCracker, NutBrewer… It seems like for Brian Myers this state of mind is a way to be professional. Behind the back of a referee, a Nutcracker is a recipe for a win. Well, ok, if I perverted Myers’ head with my words, I promise to apologize publicly…
— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) September 9, 2020
– The Ecstasy Of Gold
The North, Austin and Fulton, The Good Brothers, The Rascalz, all eyes are on the World Tag Team titles. Ethan Page was enraged and brought Alexander, Austin and Fulton into an ambush that MCMG was not expected. The Rascalz tried to defend themselves after an excellent match but that doesn’t mean they’re out the title game. When it comes to The Good Brothers, if they helped Shelley and Sabin, their eyes were eyeing the gold they had in their hands. The coming weeks should be really interesting…
– Control Your Narrative
EC3 has been trying to drive Moose crazy and he has been succeeding in. Week after week, Moose has become so focused on EC3 he almost forgot who he is. EC3 stole a part of his soul when stealing the TNA belt. I don’t know when the match is going to take place, probably Bound For Glory, but it will be a match we will remember for years.
— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) September 9, 2020
To be eNYGMAtic…
Can I say The Road to Bound For Glory is officially opened? The way Impact Wrestling shuffled the card this week, 45 days or so before the PPV, lets clearly think so. Whether in or out of the ring, there was a clear feeling of build-up and storylines in the making. Obviously, that makes it a good episode, I can’t say great as MCMG vs Rascalz was clearly the main event the show should have had. Welcome back to Rich Swann, I was sure he was not really retiring, and to Kaleb Konley, with a K.
With 7 weeks before the PPV, Impact Wrestling are giving themselves the time to build something rock-solid for one of their historic PPVs. What the episode showed is the possibilities of matches are infinite. Rich Swann, TJP and Kylie Rae seem like the logic contenders for the titles, but when it comes to the Tag Team belts, I wouldn’t try myself at choosing one team. One thing is sure for the moment when it comes to Bound For Glory, Ken Shamrock will be inducted into the TNA/Impact Wrestling Hall of Fame. As of today, there’s nothing else I can say…
On this “Nygma is Truly an International Woman of Mystery” note, take care, stay safe, watch wrestling, until next week, never EVER forget to stay #eNYGMAtic…
All pics, videos, and screenshots courtesy of Impact Wrestling, Basil Mahmud and AXS TV. Photocollage custom made by @frenchnygma exclusively for @steelchairmag.