The top Superstars in NXT UK will battle to write a new chapter in the brand’s history, but only one will be crowned the first-ever holder of the NXT UK Heritage Cup. In the coming weeks, eight Superstars will compete in a tournament contested under British Rounds rules.
The field includes Flash Morgan Webster, Noam Dar, Alexander Wolfe, A-Kid, “The Bomber” Dave Mastiff, Trent Seven, Joseph Conners and a final wildcard entrant yet to be determined.
The British Rounds rules are as follows:
- All matches consist of six three-minute rounds.
- All matches are 2-out-of-3 Falls.
- Falls can be won by pinfall, submission or count-out.
- Once a fall occurs, the round ends.
- The match ends once a wrestler has won two falls.
- In the event of a disqualification or knockout, the match instantly ends without the need for two falls.
- If all six rounds are completed, whoever is ahead on falls wins the match.
- There will be a 20-second break between each round.
- Following the tournament, the NXT UK Heritage Cup will be defended as a championship under the same rules.
On today’s episode, it was announced Piper Niven will challenge NXT UK Women’s Champion Kay Lee Ray on the September 24 show. NXT UK Tag Team Champions Wolfgang and Mark Coffey of Gallus will defend their titles next week against Kenny Williams and Amir Jordan. The match was made after Gallus issued an open challenge for next week’s episode, which is the first show from the new NXT UK set at BT Sport TV studios in London.
NXT UK is back on WWE Network next week, on Thursday, September 17 at 3 PM ET/8 PM BST.
All pics and videos courtesy of WWE