Which barriers to break? Choose your target. Don’t blink, don’t let it escape. Study it, understand it, enter its mind, make it yours. Know your friends, know your enemies, don’t make a difference between both. The target you may have on your back is not as important as the target you put on the others’ backs. Too much will never be enough, never.
On the menu this week, from Nashville, Tennessee, Brian Myers will compete against Willie Mack in a rematch of last week. TJP and Trey will face off. Susie will team up with Kylie Rae against the team of Knockouts Champion Deonna Purrazzo and her “friend” Kimber Lee. Taya Valkyrie will square off with Kiera Hogan. Impact World Tag Team Champions The MCMG will team up with The Rascalz against The North and the team of Ace Austin and Madman Fulton. We’ll also hear about Rich Swann who is going to be in the Impact Zone. So no more words, let’s get ready for some action, but your French Enygma Steph way, of course…
The Nygma’s Chart of the Week
Josh Mathews and Madison Rayne were on commentary. This episode is in memory of Barry Scott, the “Voice” of TNA.
- Susie & Kylie Rae defeated Impact Knockouts Champion Deonna Purrazzo & Kimber Lee. Susie embraced her alter ego, Su Yung, by using the Panic Switch for the win.
- Backstage, Trey approached Rohit Raju. Trey believed that Raju was avoiding every X-Division contender for fear he might lose the title. He asked him when he’ll have a shot. Raju said that it’s “out of his control.”
- Backstage, John E. Bravo was on the phone getting things arranged for his future wedding. Kiera Hogan and Tasha Steelz came to bother him. They wanted to know who is going to be his best man. He pulled Fallah Bahh in and said it’s him. Hogan and Steelz were shocked.
- XXXL (Acey Romero & Larry D) defeated The Deaners (Cody & Cousin Jake).
- Trey Miguel defeated TJP.
- Backstage, Ace Austin, Madman Fulton, and The North were attacking Dez and Wentz before their eight-man tag match tonight. Dr Ross told Motor City Machine Guns that their partners Dez and Wentz were not cleared to compete tonight. The Good Brothers stepped in and said that they’ll volunteer to take the Rascalz’ place.
- Rich Swann requested that Scott D’Amore comes down to the ring. He informed D’Amore how hard it’s been since he announced his in-ring retirement last month. Even though he knows he’s not medically cleared, he wanted to know if D’Amore will clear him to have a one-on-one match with Eric Young. D’Amore said that he can’t do it. Swann reassured him that he’ll be ready in time for Bound For Glory next month. He believed he deserves a shot at the Impact World Championship. D’Amore agreed that he should be the next in line for the title but he just couldn’t do it. He feared if he does, he could be permanently out of action for good. Swann would not take no for an answer, even if that means he’d be crippled for the rest of his life. He begged him one more time. Before he could answer, EY headed down to the ring. Young pushed D’Amore out of his way. Young landed a few punches on Swann before he rolled out of the ring. He yelled out at Swann that he “made a mistake.” D’Amore got up and grabbed his microphone. D’Amore turned to Swann and said, “you know what? Go ahead and take this piece of s**t out (EY).” At Bound For Glory, Swann will face Young for the Impact World Championship.
- Backstage, Taya Valkyrie asked Rosemary where was she when she was facing Tasha Steelz last week. Rosemary said she was busy but she’ll be in her corner tonight.
- Willie Mack defeated Brian Myers. Myers was professional as usual (see below)…
- Backstage, Rosemary asked Havok if she could resurrect a certain someone for her wedding. Havok didn’t want to get involved. This led to Rosemary and Havok trading shots before Nevaeh stepped in and broke up the fight.
— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) September 16, 2020
- Backstage, Moose informed D’Amore that EC3 was stalking him. D’Amore didn’t have time to hear this. Moose said that EC3 has gone to the extremes by taking pictures of him and talking to his football coach. D’Amore found his actions to be similar to The Boy Who Cried, Wolf. He walked away from the conversation. All of a sudden, EC3’s voice rang in. He told him that his time is running out. Moose called up “The Demo God” for advice on what to do next.
- Backstage, Rhino sneaked Heath in to help him with his money dilemma.
- Backstage, Jordynne Grace interfered in Tenille Dashwood’s photoshoot and confronted her. Kaleb Konley, with a K, was not happy. Grace let Dashwood know that they both have a match next week.
- Kiera Hogan defeated Taya Valkyrie, thanks to Tasha Steelz interfering.
- Backstage, Rhino greeted Hernandez. He said that he wants an arm wrestling rematch. Heath was behind Hernandez. He tried to grab the cash while Rhino and Hernandez locked up. Rhino pulled out and Heath caught the money.
- Backstage, Chris Bey told Rohit Raju that he owes him a rematch for the X-Division Championship. TJP wanted a shot at the title too. Trey made his way into the conversation as well. Raju said the easiest way to solve this is to have Bey, TJP, and Trey get into the ring and whoever wins the match, they’ll get a shot at his Championship.
- Ace Austin & Madman Fulton and The North (Josh Alexander & Ethan Page) defeated Impact World Tag Team Champions The MCMG (Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley) and The Good Brothers (Karl Anderson & DOC Gallows). Austin stole the win to The North who were not very happy.
The Nygma’s Nutcracker(s) of the Week
– TJP vs Trey Miguel
They circled and went into a test of strength. Trey connected with a headscissors takedown but Trey turned it into a leg scissors headlock. After a quick high five of respect, they locked up, TJP connected with a wristlock. Trey reversed, flipped out but Trey still had a hold on the hand so they broke the wristlock. TJP got up, teased a punch, and then hit Trey in the head. Trey went off the ropes, ducked, they did some back and forth, TJP leapt up onto Trey’s shoulders and slipped off, hit a full nelson, slipped through, then hit a snapmare, Trey connected with a moonsault. Trey decked TJP in the corner and whipped him, but TJP went up and over.
TJP connected with a monkey flip that ended into a crablike submission and then an inverted STF. Trey got to the ropes. TJP picked Trey up and slammed him down onto the apron and hit a springboard senton. TJP grabbed the leg, twisted the ankle and locked Trey in a front facelock submission. Trey got the leg free and got up, shoved TJP and ran into the corner. Up to the second drop, Trey leapt into a dropkick by TJP. TJP went up now for elevated punches, Trey countered and kicked TJP in the face, went for a 619 but TJP caught the boot. He pulled TJP into the middle of the ring, dodged an enzuigiri but got caught with a second kick. Both men down, the referee counted but they were up by the time.
TJP was kicked out of the ring, Trey connected with a dive through the ropes. He rolled TJP back in, went up top but TJP leapt up and hit a superplex. He caught on and turned it into an Octopus hold. Trey got out but TJP rolled it into a single leglock. Trey reached and got to the ropes. TJP connected with a kick to the leg, he grabbed the leg and picked Trey up to jam the knee. TJP went off the ropes but Trey flipped over and hit a dropkick. TJP was up first, he and Trey were in opposite corners, TJP went over a charging Trey and hits a DDT. TJP went up top, dove but Trey moved and TJP rolled through. Trey went up on TJP’s shoulders, rolled into a sunset flip, then hit the Meteora to TJP’s chest. Trey hit another Meteora off the top for the win.
– MCMG (c) vs Dez & Wentz vs Good Brothers vs Ace Austin & Madman Fulton
Ace Austin and Karl Anderson kicked things off. Anderson went right for a kick towards the midsection and sent Austin towards his corner to tag in Gallows. Gallows landed a big shot on Austin. He picked him up and smashed him into the turnbuckle. Gallows pulled Austin out of the corner and tagged in Anderson. The Good Brothers came with a double team move on Austin before Chris Sabin and Josh Alexander were tagged in. Sabin came in quickly and almost immediately tagged in his partner Alex Shelley. MCMG countered Madman Fulton, who stepped in the ring, with a double dropkick. Fulton went flying out of the ring.
Back from the commercial break, Shelley and Alexander were in the ring. Alexander received a little help from Ethan Page on the apron before he got tagged in. Page grabbed ahold on Shelley and quickly tagged Madman Fulton in. Fulton smashed Shelley face-first into the top turnbuckle. Shelley started to fight back with some open hand chops. Fulton slammed Shelley down on the mat and went for a bridge pin. Austin made his way into the ring. Fulton tried to choke the life out of Shelley on the top rope. Austin gained wrist control and tagged in Page. Page landed a couple of stomps in before he flexed his muscles towards the camera. Page brought Alexander back in. Shelley grabbed Alexander’s leg for a Dragon screw.
Austin was back in. Shelley rolled over and tagged Anderson in while Austin tagged in Page. Anderson built momentum with a spinebuster on Page. Anderson was tagged in. The Good Brothers tried to end the match with The Magic Killer, broken up. Sabin ran in and connected with a DDT on Page. Sabin slid through the ropes to take out Austin and Fulton on the outside. Sabin rolled back in and slammed into Alexander with a sliding dropkick. The Good Brothers and MCMG took turns slamming into Fulton with a series of uppercuts. Sabin got his boot up on Alexander. Page and Alexander connected with the double Styles Clash on Sabin. Austin tagged himself in and grabbed ahold of Sabin’s leg for the pinfall. Austin stole the win.
The Weekly “Enigma(s) For a Nygma”
Professionalism… Last week, I was telling you the Nutcracking spirit was a way of being professional for Brian Myers. The good old tricks of removing the corner pads, hitting low blows, distracting the referee have been a classic in the business for so long… When it comes to Myers, that doesn’t work all the time. So I let you with this philosophical question, what means being professional? You have until next week…
Delete This Tweet. https://t.co/vOdjvJGnHp
— Brian Myers (@Myers_Wrestling) September 16, 2020
The Nygma’s Noticeable Facts of the Week
– Bravo’s Best Man Is Not Bulgarian…
No, he’s Filippino. I’m sorry for the bad joke in the title but it seems like weddings and best men are trending in wrestling. Good choice, I think, the Panda spirit will make of this wedding a happy one… Then, if Rosemary is able to resurrect you know who, this wedding will be totally different… I would say, darker?
– The Boy Who Is Not Done Crying Wolf Yet
I’ve been a fan since Day One. I’m sorry but these mind games are absolutely excellent, the teasing for an upcoming match is working perfectly. I can’t wait to see these two beat the hell of each other, probably at Bound For Glory. You all know Moose is never better than in a PPV and I desperately want to know to which extent EC3 has evolved in the ring.
– Bound For Glory – Impact World Championship Match: Eric Young (c) vs Rich Swann
It was just a matter of pushing the right buttons. This storyline was once again perfectly crafted they really let us think Rich Swann was retiring. His speech to Scott D’Amore was great, it was absolutely full of sense. Then, I’ve never bought the idea of retirement. On the other side, EY disrespected Scott D’Amore so here we are, Swann is the new #1 contender for the Impact World Championship. The Good and the Bad will fight once again. It will be violent, nasty, well it will be a great moment of wrestling.
To be eNYGMAtic…
The Road to Bound For Glory is officially opened, that’s a fact. I have pretty much nothing to say about this episode because the action was excellent, the promos were excellent and the cinematic orchestra was excellently teased. There’s nothing better than watching two good hours, with a clear idea of a PPV being built up. For the moment, we only have one match on the card but, in 5 weeks of time, the card will be easily filled. Impact Wrestling have all the good cards in their game, so let’s play…
On this “Nygma is Ready For Bound For Glory” note, take care, stay safe, watch wrestling, until next week, never EVER forget to stay #eNYGMAtic…
All pics, videos, and screenshots courtesy of Impact Wrestling, Basil Mahmud and AXS TV. Photocollage custom made by @frenchnygma exclusively for @steelchairmag.