Which barriers to break? Let’s look back at Bound For Glory review. Some found this PPV classic, some found it fantastic. Impact Wrestling have become a company like any other, one we start to scrutinize for the quality, or the lack of quality, of their shows. It’s not a matter of convincing people to come to watch, it’s now about having people checking every step or every choice they can make. Another giant step, isn’t it? Like I said at the end of my PPV review, don’t mess pride and pride, the good one will keep us grounded, the bad one will make you fly high unnecessarily. And the fall will be hard… Fail, but only for good reasons. As you know, too much couldn’t be enough. So walk on.
On the menu this week, from Nashville, Tennessee, Tommy Dreamer and Brian Myers will face off in a Halloween Hardcore match. We’ll attend the wedding of Rosemary and John E. Bravo, something that should be unforgettable… So no more words, let’s get ready for some action, but your French Enygma Steph way, of course…
The Nygma’s Chart of the Week
Josh Mathews and Madison Rayne were back on commentary.
- We saw Eric Young throwing the new Impact World Champion Rich Swann around backstage. They spilt their brawl towards the Impact Zone. Young sent Swann shoulder-first towards the steel stairs. He dragged Swann by his hair, but Swann reversed and sent Young into the ring post. Young got up and stomped Swann, then wrapped Swann’s shirt around his neck to choke him out. Swann and Young rolled into the ring. Swann connected with a superkick. Young jumped on top of Swann and threw down a series of punches. Scott D’Amore and security ran down to break them apart. Young yelled out to D’Amore that he wants a rematch. D’Amore said he will get his rematch but not right now. Young interjected and said he is fine to compete right now. D’Amore asked him if he was sure, Swann said yes.
- Rich Swann, in slacks and barefoot, defeated Eric Young to retain the Impact World Championship, in a rematch of Bound For Glory.
- Backstage, Nevaeh was waiting for Havok to come out from the dressing room. Havok told her that Father James Mitchell is back for Rosemary and John E. Bravo’s wedding. Nevaeh said she has a bad feeling about this.
- Backstage, all the Knockouts are standing outside Management office to find out when they’ll be competing for a chance at the Knockout Tag Team titles. Kaleb with a K told the girls that he saw on social media they’ll officially start their tournament in three weeks (see below). Alisha needed to find a partner, but Tasha and Kiera said they’re good. Tenille considered options in Jordynne and Alisha but walked off. Then Kiera and Tasha showed up to mock Alisha for not having a partner, but Jordynne was there to be a friend. Jordynne challenged them to a tag team match with Alisha.
- Tommy Dreamer defeated Brian Myers in a Hardcore Halloween Match.
- Backstage, Rhino, with his buddy Heath, told Gia Miller he has an idea of who he’d like to use his Call Your Shot on. Rhino said they’ll be going after the Impact World Tag Team Titles after Heath gets healthy. Rhino noted that he has a year to call his shot and celebrated the fact that Heath has a contract. Heath said he’ll sign the contract next week, and Gia asked how he’s feeling. He said he feels great and the stars are lining up. Asked if he got hurt, Heath denied it but he and Rhino look nervous and Heath grimaced as they try to walk away.
- Backstage, Hernandez and Reno Scum jumped on Fallah Bahh to get their money back. Bahh told them he doesn’t have their money. The guys tore his shirt right down the middle and found nothing. As they leave, Bahh pulled the wad of cash out of his crotch.
- XXXL (Larry D & Acey Romero) defeated The Rascalz (Dez & Wentz).
- In the Management office, Scott D’Amore was with Deonna Purrazzo, Kimber Lee, and barrister R.D. Evans. He said he can make D’Amore’s life a living nightmare by filing an injunction and shutting things down. He demanded that D’Amore do the right thing by going to the ring and stripping Su Yung of the Knockouts Championship, then awarded it to Deonna. D’Amore had until the end of the night to answer. D’Amore told Evans he has to learn an important lesson about leverage, and he doesn’t have it. D’Amore said he’s heading to the ring now to take care of it. D’Amore walked off and Deonna said she thinks this is good.
- Backstage, The Motor City Machine Guns’ Alex Shelley told Gia Miller he’ll be out for two months, but once he is healthy again, he and Chris Sabin want a rematch for the tag titles. XXXL interrupted the interview. They said they’ve been working their tails off for a shot at the titles, so the MCMG need to go to the back of the line. They all brawled.
- In the ring, Scott D’Amore addressed Purrazzo’s situation with Yung. He said that, after some consideration, Yung is the deserving champion. Purrazzo, Kimber Lee and R.D. Evans headed down to the ring. Evans found D’Amore’s statement to be unfavourable. He warned him that litigation will occur if he decides not to strip Yung from her title. D’Amore told Evans to back up before he breaks his teeth. He offered that instead of going to court, Purrazzo can receive her rematch next week if she wants it. Evans, Purrazzo and Lee stepped aside to talk about it. Evans said that Purrazzo accepts. The Undead Bride made her appearance. She grabbed Lee and Evans’s necks while spraying the red mist in D’Amore’s eyes. Purrazzo charged towards Yung. Yung caught her with the deadly mandible claw. Yung let her go and stood tall with the belt.
- Backstage, The Rascalz and Willie Mack were ready to celebrate with Rich Swann. Moose interrupted them to call Swann a second-best champion to his TNA World Heavyweight Championship. Swann did not find Moose’s remarks to be genuine at all and tried to hit him. The Rascalz pulled him back. Mack called Moose out to fight. Moose told him not tonight, it will be on his terms. The Rascalz asked Swann if he’s ok before they leave him alone. Swann walked into his locker room where Sami Callihan and Ken Shamrock were. Sami congratulated Rich and got out of his seat. He said he knows they don’t talk as much as they used to but going forward, he’ll hear a lot from both Sami and Ken. Sami walked off and Shamrock stared at Swann before he left.
- Recap of Ken Shamrock’s Hall of Fame induction.
- Backstage, The North were explaining to people how to tag-team wrestle, mostly Ethan Page. He was offering tips until the Good Brothers showed up. Page wanted to tell a cool story about the worst investment Impact has made, they backed up a Brinks truck to a team who couldn’t get the job done. Anderson said they’re not even getting pops from the boys and mocked his karate videos. Page slapped Gallows, big brawl until security guys broke it up.
- Backstage, Rohit Raju was having a party but no one came. Jimmy Jacobs came in. Rohit asked himself who wouldn’t want to party with the X-Division champion? Jacobs pointed out that TJP had the match won until Rohit stole it. Raju yelled at Jacobs to go.
- John E. Bravo walked up to Bahh in a Stay-Puft Marshmallow costume and told him to take the mask off because he heard a rumour that Hernandez was looking for him. Bahh claimed ignorance as Bravo said he knows what’s up and that he’s going to tell Hernandez the truth that Bahh has the money. He told Bahh he is dead to him and walked off. Swinger walked in and says “Best Man, huh? I’ve got a bad feeling about this.”
- Kiera Hogan & Tasha Steelz defeated Alisha Edwards & Jordynne Grace. Alisha and Jordynne argued and started shoving each other after the match.
- Outside, Willie Mack met a fan. The fan asked if he could record a message to send to his friend, who is a big fan of Mack. As they were about to record the message, Moose smacked Mack in the face with the TNA title. He demanded the camera.
- Backstage, Rosemary was holding a tarot card and Taya asked her how she’s feeling. She said they need to have a little talk first, and Rosemary said she knows what she’s going to say and it’s fine. Taya said that she needs to tell her about how Bravo has become a complete lunatic. She was trying to be a supportive friend but Bravo is out of control and they can leave right now, she doesn’t have to do this. Rosemary said not now at the endgame, she has something much better in mind for Bravo than leaving him at the altar and handed Taya the card. Alisha showed up and asked if she made it in time. Taya said she had a bad feeling about this, Alisha asked why everyone keeps saying that. (Josh and Madison also had some too…)
- By the power vested in him by their Dark Father Below, Father James Mitchell pronounced Bravo and Rosemary husband and wife. When it was time to kiss the bride, lights went out, a shot was heard. Lights went up and Bravo was laying in the ring, shot in the heart, maybe dead. Tommy Dreamer asked who shot Bravo and yelled “NOOOOOOOO!”
The Nygma’s Nutcracker(s) of the Week
– Hardcore Halloween Match: Tommy Dreamer vs Brian Myers
Dreamer came out with full Road Warrior Animal painted symbols on his face, like at BFG. They locked up, Myers took control with a punch but quickly got thrown over the ropes to the outside. Dreamer beat on Myers a bit and hit a suplex on the entrance ramp, then went for the toys. First up was a baseball jersey that he choked Myers with. He dragged Myers over eye-first with a jacket spike, but Myers escaped and slammed Dreamer’s head into the apron, then into the ring steps. Myers tried to lift up a garbage can with a walker on it but couldn’t do it and Dreamer nailed him across the back, grabbed the walker and slammed it down on Myers. He strained and picked up the mystery garbage can and got it into the ring, then hit Myers and slammed him into the apron before rolling him in. Dreamer grabbed the ring bell and hit a move only Tommy Dreamer can, the NutRinger.
He headed back, but Myers fired back and picked Dreamer up to crotch him on the guardrail and hit a garbage can to Dreamer’s skull. Myers rolled Dreamer in and went to push the garbage can through the ring, but Dreamer dropkicked it into Myers’ face. Dreamer on the apron leapt off right into a street sign to the chest. Back from break, Myers was assaulting Dreamer in the corner. He catapulted Dreamer into a loose-laying kendo stick on the ropes and started to kick at Dreamer. Myers choked Tommy against the ropes, then picked Dreamer up for a back suplex. Myers outside and grabbed a bag of apples, went back in and spat bites of apple at Dreamer. Myers kicked Dreamer on the ground and went outside. He got a chair and slid back in. He hit the chair to Dreamer’s gut, set the chair up but Dreamer took control.
Dreamer went off the ropes but Myers followed and slid out, tripping Dreamer into the chair. Kicks to Tommy, then he choked Dreamer with the chair, followed by a chair shot to the back. Myers connected with a falling forearm to the head and a chinlock against the ground, but Dreamer got to his feet. Myers cut him off, went for a front facelock but Tommy spun out and started punching until a kick to the midsection cut him off. Myers came off the ropes into an elbow, Dreamer charged at Myers, was hit with an elbow but Dreamer connected with a cutter. Tommy was outside into the garbage can and he slid into the ring with a street sign and a mystery bag. He slammed Myers with the sign in the back, then opened the back and poured out thumbtacks AND CANDY CORNS.
Dreamer went up top but Myers on the apron stopped him, hit a thumb to the eye and started firing off at Dreamer with punches. Myers went up for the superplex onto the corn and tacks but Dreamer fought back and bit Myers before pushing him into the tacks and corn. Dreamer went back out and got a table to slide into the ring, setting it up in the corner. He turned around but took too long and Myers clotheslined him into the thumbtacks and corn. Myers ranted that this is Tommy’s last match ever, grabbed the Kendo Stick but Swoggle climbed out of the mysterious garbage bin. Swoggle spun Myers around and clamped Myers’ Jewels of The Crown with BBQ tongs (NutClamper, ladies and gentlemen), allowing Dreamer to pick him up. The Death Valley Driver through the table gave Dreamer the win.
The Weekly “Enigma For a Nygma”
Who shot Bravo? You heard Swinger, Taya, Fallah and others said they had a bad feeling about this wedding. The next few weeks, we will play the game of who is guilty. Sherlock Steph is already on it and, my first clues, why was Rosemary holding the Death tarot card before the wedding? Did she know that would happen? Then, look at the Bride, doesn’t she look emotionless? Her husband was just shot, maybe dead. Odd…
The Nygma’s Noticeable Facts of the Week
– The Knockouts Tag Team titles are back
It was one of the two major announcements of Bound For Glory. The next PPV will be Hard To Kill on January 16, 2021. And new Knockouts Tag Team Champions will be crowned at the PPV. I’ve pleaded for the comeback of those titles since June (I was not the only one) and I couldn’t be happier to hear that news (some pics of the future belts emerged on social media, tale a look here). So eight teams will square off in a tournament that will start in 3 weeks. They said 8 teams, so 16 ladies? According to Impact Wrestling official website, the roster is made of 15 ladies, well 14 as Susie is the good side of Su. Then, will they all compete? Expect some female wrestlers to enter the competition in the coming weeks as, without at least one of them, that wouldn’t be possible. Unless guys are welcomed (remember Eric Young and ODB…) and that would become very interesting…
— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) October 28, 2020
– Which title is the first?
I feel like we have asked ourselves the question for months and Scott D’Amore made clear the TNA title was dead. The “new” Moose who emerged out of this undisclosed location a new man, like rebooted by EC3, decided it was not over. If there’s a hierarchy of the titles on IMPACT? That’s the real question. The TNA title is defunct and all the IMPACT belts, for me, are equals, men, women, singles, tag teams. There’s a no-sense that needs to be clarified unless Impact Wrestling have a plan. Then I’m interested to see where all this will go…
– A deadly wedding…
This wedding was not meant to be like like any other. Because of Rosemary, because of Father James Mitchell, because of everyone dressed as if it was Halloween (excepted Taya who was stunning in red). Actors Studio moment of the night to Tommy Dreamer for his exceptionally emotional “No…” (not from Star Wars but Evil Dead 2…) Watch, enjoy, cry if necessary… But who shot Bravo?
To be eNYGMAtic…
The fallout episodes from a PPV are usually not the best ones, because they’re all about revenge and celebrations. The action, not a lot, was flooded by promos and backstage segments but that was necessary. The Swann vs Young rematch is out of the way, Deonna vs Su will be next week, so it was time to create something new.
We felt feuds coming from The North and The Good Brothers, the MCMG and XXXL, Moose and Willie Mack, Rich Swann and Sami Callihan, Rohit Raju and the rest of the roster, maybe Jordynne Grace and Alisha. Some potential here for good matches and promos in the coming weeks.
Tommy Dreamer is dubbed the Innovator of Violence. Seeing him use the bell, garbage bins, street signs, cookie sheets, etc. in hardcore bouts is never a surprise. So Myers using apples and Dreamer messing candy corns with the thumbtacks, that was glorious. I dig it totally. I love hardcore and when it reaches that height, I enjoy.
On this “Nygma Hardcore For Life” note, until next week, take care, stay safe, watch wrestling, and never EVER forget to stay #eNYGMAtic…
All pics, videos, and screenshots courtesy of Impact Wrestling, Basil Mahmud and AXS TV. Photocollage custom made by @frenchnygma exclusively for @steelchairmag.