Which barriers to break? What is your Final Resolution? What do you want, really really want, to end the year the most perfect way? Do you want to be a Champion, do you want to be someone hateful? What do you want for yourself and your future? It’s time to seal a deal with the devil… It’s not too much but it might not be enough in the end…
On the menu this week, from Nashville, Tennessee, Willie Mack will face off Chris Bey. Cody Deaner will try to seek revenge against Johnny Swinger. The Knockouts Tag Team Title Tournament continues with Killer Kelly and Renee Michelle against Jordynne Grace and the legendary Jazz. XXXL will square off with The Motor City Machine Guns. Rohit Raju will put the X-Division title on the line against Crazzy Steve. So no more words, let’s get ready for some action, but your French Enygma Steph way, of course…
The Nygma’s Chart of the Week
Josh Mathews and Madison Rayne were on commentary.
- The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin) defeated XXXL (Larry D & Acey Romero).
- Outside, Ken Shamrock and Sami Callihan were walking into the building, only to run into Scott D’Amore and security. D’Amore said that they were out of line and suspended Shamrock for 30 days for attacking D-Lo Brown. Callihan said it’s fine, Shamrock deserved a vacation. He gave Ken the keys and said to go back to the hotel, they’ll talk about it later. Shamrock said he’s laying hands on someone when he comes back and left, while Sami walked inside.
— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) December 2, 2020
- Backstage, XXXL ran into Bravo who was really pissed about Lawrence D trying to kill him. Larry choked Bravo, but Dreamer in a police shirt came in and broke it up. He told Bravo to get out of here or he’ll arrest him. Larry asked what authority he has to arrest him. Dreamer said, “You know what? I wasn’t a real judge, I wasn’t a real prosecutor, I wasn’t a real detective. Hell, I wasn’t a real Road Warrior.” But he knew Larry shot Bravo. Larry said he was set up, and Dreamer said he has to come with him and they’ll explain it downtown. Larry started to go and then decked Dreamer. They laughed at Tommy and walked off. Bravo came in yelling about his lawyer, saw Tommy on the ground and yelled the same “NOOOOOOO!” than Dreamer a few weeks ago.
- Knockouts Tag Team Title Tournament – Opening Round Match: Jordynne Grace & Jazz defeated Renee Michelle & Killer Kelly.
- Backstage, Ethan Page talked about how everyone saw him lose to Swoggle, and everything loves screwing with him and messing with him from the fans to the management to the matchmakers. Swoggle enjoyed his moment and Karl Anderson loved messing with him. But he had a plan to fix it all. Anderson thinks Ethan Page is the guy who took out Gallows, but why is that? He implied that he did it, and then fully admitted he’s the guy who took out Gallows. And Anderson can fix everything by facing him at Final Resolution and get revenge on him. Page demanded a match, and if they win then The North get a title shot. Page dared Alexander to accept the challenge and get his revenge.
- Backstage, Alisha Edwards was peeking around a corner. Tenille and Kaleb with a K came up in great moods. Kaleb said the wheels are in motion and Alisha finally has a fan. Alisha looked very distracted as Tenille tried to talk, and then Alisha leapt on Sami Callihan’s back. She was after revenge for attacking Edwards. Security broke it up and Alisha promised to kick Sami’s ass. Tenille and Kaleb said they’ll buzz Alisha later and walked off.
- Cody Deaner defeated Johnny Swinger via DQ when Eric Young and Joe Doering attacked everyone and EY made his speech on they’re the cure and the sickness is everywhere.
- Backstage, Deonna and Kimber walked up to James Mitchell and asked if he’s done it yet? Has he turned Su into Susie? Mitchell said they don’t know how it works, this isn’t a fast process and he doesn’t even have Su. Deonna said they’re going to head to the ring to lure Su out and told Mitchell to be ready.
- Backstage, The Deaners were angry. Jake said they have to fix this and Cody said EY is treating them like curtain-jerking nobodies. Jake added they’ve been beaten up before and they always get back up. Cody said that with all due respect, it’s not about “we.” It’s about him. He said Young was there his first day of wrestling school. He was Cody’s riding partner and friend. He considered Eric family. But now he’s not his family or his friend; in Eric’s eyes, he’s nobody. But he’s NOT a nobody and he’s not going to let Young treat him like a nobody. Next week, he’ll prove to Young that he’s NOT a nobody.
- Deonna and Kimber came out to the ring. Deonna said that since Bound For Glory, Su Yung has been haunting them, but tonight that all comes to an end. She said Su’s time has come tonight and since she defeated Su, Su is guaranteed a rematch. She said if Yung wants her rematch, she’d better get to the ring now. That brought out Yung and she came down to the ring. Mitchell’s music played, he said hello to Su and said it has been a while. And while he’d love to play catchup, it wouldn’t be appropriate considering the task at hand. Mitchell said he didn’t want to do this, but Yung has been a thorn in his side for too long and tonight she will pay for her sins. Out came all of Su Yung’s Bridesmaids, coming to the ring for her. They surrounded the ring and climbed onto the apron while Purrazzo attacked Yung from behind. Yung fired back and headbutted her down. Su went for the blood mist but Deonna blocked it and Su got choked down. Deonna picked Yung up, hit the Cosa Nostra and the Bridesmaids grabbed Yung, pulling her out of the ring and carrying her to the back. Deonna and Kimber were relieved.
- Backstage, Moose told Chris Bey that what he’s doing isn’t unnoticed. Bey was putting himself in position to be #1 contender to the World Title. Bey believed Moose is looking to help Bey in exchange for the first title shot, and Moose said he’s a kid and doesn’t get it. He doesn’t finesse; he hurts. He told Bey that real power isn’t given, it’s taken. So if Bey does beat Swann for the title, Moose will take it whenever he chooses. He wished Bey good luck.
- Backstage, Karl Anderson told Gia Miller Ethan Page’s clearly losing his mind. He clearly attacked Gallows and said it’s not about the titles, but about Page losing it. He asked if Page is Karate Man or what and said that normally it wouldn’t be smart of him to accept the challenge, but for what Page did to LG, he accepted the challenge for Final Resolution. And what Page will finally see is why Impact brought him there. He’s going to beat the living hell out of Page, and while Page may have a lot of friends and alter egos, Anderson is a Good Brother and has friends too.
- Rohit Raju defeated (he cheated) Crazzy Steve to retain the X-Division Championship.
- Backstage, Kiera Hogan and Tasha Steelz were talking about making it to the semifinals of the tournament ad money when Fallah Bahh walked up. He wanted the money back, Kiera said they didn’t have it, which was not true. He looked around them as they handed it off behind their backs to each other. Kiera said they’ll have the money next week and walked off. Swinger walked up asking if they’ve ever heard of the Swingman two-for-one special. They made a bunch of 1980s jokes about him and walked off. The Swingman was not happy about it.
- Backstage, Crazzy Steve was not happy after his loss, and TJP walked up. Steve said he had no idea Impact also employed blind referees. Brian Myers walked in and said he told them so, mocking the idea that a blind circus man could become X-Division champion. TJP said Steve did his best, that Myers does a lot of talking when the bell hasn’t rung but wanted to see how he does when in the ring. Myers agreed.
- Willie Mack defeated Chris Bey. After the match, Moose appeared in the ring and hit his Spear. Swann came in and attacked Moose, he ducked a clothesline and kicked Moose out of the ring. Moose was grinning but Bey unloaded the Art of Finesse to Swann. Bey posed with the World Title.
The Nygma’s Nutcracker(s) of the Week
– Willie Mack vs Chris Bey
The two circled a little and went into a test of strength, but Bey slapped Mack and ate a big slap in return. Mack started pounding on Bey in the corner, then stomped him down to the mat. Mack picked Bey up, hit a big chop. Bey staggered to another corner, Mack prepared for another chop, but faked out and twisted the nipples. Axehandle to the back of Bey and Mack whipped Bey across the ring. Mack charged in but Bey ducked to the outside, got a kick and then flipped over Mack into the ring. He ducked a clothesline and a back elbow but went right into a Lou Thesz press and punched Bey to the outside. Mack followed and Bey leapt up for a 619 from the apron to Mack. Bey back in came off the ropes for a dive, Mack dodged and Bey slid out of the ring right into a backbreaker onto the apron. Mack pushed Bey under the ropes and got on the apron, went for a slingshot but Bey grabbed the foot.
Mack kicked at Bey, who got up and grabbed Mack but got shoved back. Mack was almost in the ring before Bey hit a dropkick to the knee and Mack fell outside. Back from the break, Mack was nailing Bey and got to his feet, only to be taken down by a dropkick to the knee again. Bey stomped on the knee and locked in a spinning toe hold in the centre of the ring. He cinched it in tighter and Mack managed to fight free with some kicks to the head. Mack got up slowly, he moved in but Bey replied with a kick. He went to the second rope and leapt but Mack caught him. Mack went for a swinging powerslam but Bey slid down Mack’s back and took out the knee. Bey connected with an elbow drop to the inside of the knee, then a single-leg crab. He punched Mack in the knee while in the hold and Mack struggled to get to the ropes. Bey turned it around to get more leverage on the knee, but Mack managed to get a shot to the head.
Bey held on and tried to turn it around but Mack fought free. Bey picked Mack up, hit a couple of weak-looking elbows before Mack blocked one and started striking back. Bey was rocked but fired back with a kick to the knee. He came off the ropes right into a pouncing clothesline from Mack. Both men slowed to get up, Bey went in but Mack replied with a couple of back elbows and a swinging bodyslam. Mack came off the ropes with a knee drop but was feeling that pain. Both men slowed to get up again, Bey went up first but Mack was right behind. The stunner was blocked, Bey replied with a jackknife. Mack up right into a big kick, followed by a sunset flip powerbomb off the ropes. Bey talked some crap as Mack tried to recover. Bey got up, took aim, Mack was up and replied with the boot catch and Bey slapped him. Mack was not amused and Mack flipped him 360 degrees. Bey landed and got pushed up into a big punch and a Stunner for the win.
The Weekly “Enigma For a Nygma”
Rohit Raju is doing his Eddie Guerrero, Chris Bey is starting to control his narrative, Deonna and Kimber completed an internship at the Undead Realm… I’m a little lost…
The Nygma’s Noticeable Facts of the Week
– Is Su… dead?
Can an Undead be dead? Very metaphysical but true. If Susie can save Su from Father James Mitchell, Deonna Purrazzo’s agony is far from over. In separating the two characters, the yin from the yang, we were given the solution far too early. Because in the end, there can only have one…
– A Jazz note is always modern…
Two generations of wrestlers colliding in the Impact Zone, that was something great. Jazz, better than ever, is the perfect match for Jordynne Grace. The match itself was very good. Killer Kelly is made for IMPACT and I wish they will sign her very soon, same for Renee Michelle. The Knockouts rule, but you already know that…
– Final Resolution
Don’t forget the Impact Plus special event next Saturday 8 PM EST (1 AM GMT). Two matches were announced this week, more to come for sure…
To be eNYGMAtic…
I appreciated the effort, compared to the last few weeks, even if Rohit cheating and Eric Young doing the same promo are starting to become irritating. The quality of the matches was really good, the build-up to Final Resolution was in the making. Hats off to the Knockouts who are offering a very good tournament, they rock the house and I just like that.
I have not been very convinced by the more recent episodes, mostly for personal reasons more than because of the episodes themselves. This year has been particularly complex for many of us who would want to bury it once and for all. While I’m talking end of 2020, don’t forget to vote for the Year-End Awards here.
On this “Nygma Is Off Next Week Because of Kenny Omega” note, until next week (if I want), take care, stay safe, watch wrestling, and never EVER forget to stay #eNYGMAtic…
All pics, videos, and screenshots courtesy of Impact Wrestling, Basil Mahmud and AXS TV. Photocollage custom made by @frenchnygma exclusively for @steelchairmag.