Major League Wrestling (MLW®) today announced a National Openweight Championship bout featuring Alex Kane (champion) vs. Calvin Tankman for Friday, January 21 at MLW Blood & Thunder at Gilley’s in Dallas, featuring an MLW Fusion TV taping.
A title fight months in the making is now official. Calvin Tankman has challenged Kane for the National Openweight Championship and Alex Kane has accepted. Suffering several indignities at the hands of the Bomaye Fight Club’s Alex Kane and Mr. Thomas, Calvin Tankman has had to watch his back since September when Tankman turned down overtures to join Kane’s newly founded fight team.
Since turning down the Bomaye Fight Club’s recruitment, Kane has made the “Heavyweight Hustle” pay, including Kane costing Tankman a loss in the Opera Cup semi-finals as well as a parking lot altercation that resulted in Tankman being cuffed for felonious assault. Now Tankman looks for retribution in the squared circle with designs on dethroning the “Suplex Assassin” in Dallas.
- Texas Tornado Match for the World Tag Team Championship: 5150 (champions) vs. Ross & Marshall Von Erich
- Jacob Fatu vs. Mads Krügger
- “Dallas vs. Houston” Featherweight Bout: Miranda Gordy vs. Rok-C
- Davey Richards vs. ACH
- National Openweight Championship: Alex Kane (champion) vs. Calvin Tankman
- Some of the athletes and talent signed to compete or appear include: World Heavyweight Champion Alex Hammerstone, World Middleweight Champion Tajiri, “The Judge” EJ Nduka, Cesar Duran, 5150 with Konnan, Richard Holliday, Matt Cross, TJP, Ho Ho Lun, Alicia Atout, Aramis, Arez, KC Navarro, Savio Vega, Myron Reed, Mini Abismo Negro, All Japan’s Saito Bros, plus more wrestlers will be announced soon.
All pics and videos courtesy of MLW