NWA has revealed the bracket for the 2022 Crockett Cup Tournament. In a video on their YouTube channel (see below), the National Wrestling Alliance announced the participants and bracket for the tournament.
The bracket is as follows:
- First seed: NWA World Tag Team Champions La Rebelion
- Second seed: The Briscoes
- Third seed: OGK
- Fourth seed: Doug Williams and a mystery partner
- Fifth seed: Strictly Business (Chris Adonis and Thom Latimer)
- Sixth Seed: Da Pipe and Mims
- Seventh Seed: Kratos and Aron Stevens
- Eighth Seed: The End (Parrow and Odinson)
- Ninth Seed: Hawx Aerie
- 10th Seed: Dirty Sexy Boys (JTG and Dirty Dango)
- 11th Seed: The Cardonas (Mike Knox and VSK)
- 12th Seed: Gold Rushhh (Jordan Clearwater and Marshe Rockett)
- 13th Seed: The Ill Begotten (Representatives TBD)
- 14th Seed: The Fixers
- 15th Seed: TBD
- 16th Seed: Play-in (Winner of a four-way match on night one)
The fourth seed of Doug Williams and a mystery partner was supposed to be a reunited British Invasion with Nick Aldis. However, Aldis is now scheduled to face Matt Cardona for the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship at the event. NWA President Billy Corgan announced that the promotion hasn’t decided on the 15th seed as of yet, while there will be a four-way play-in match to determine the 16th seed.
Furthermore, per Billy Corgan, Matt Cardona forced one of the originally scheduled teams out of the tournament, so that two of his own competitors could participate. Cardona forced Corgan’s hand, which resulted in Mike Knox and VSK being entered. It’s worth noting that Cardona will be involved in the Crockett Cup in his own way, as he defends the NWA World Heavyweight Championship against Nick Aldis.
The Crockett Cup will take place at The Fairgrounds in Nashville, Tennessee on March 19 and 20. The winning team will earn a trophy in addition to a future NWA World Tag Team Championship match.
All pics and videos courtesy of Draven and NWA